Search for content in message boards

Richard Nance Family In Virginia

Richard Nance Family In Virginia

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nance
I am looking for any records/documents on Richard Nance 1604-1665, William Nance 1649-1727, William Nance 1706-1771 and Rueben Nance 1745-1812. I to have tithables on all but Richard. I would love to find photocopies of their wills. I have copies of a land grant to Reuben written by Thomas Jefferson and some other land grants for both Williams.

Re: Richard Nance Family In Virginia

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 6:30PM GMT
You can write to DAR ($10.00)& get copy of latest application for whichever child you descend from.
But it will not include actual documents to prove their ancestry to the Rev War ancestor.
Good luck in your search for the others on your list.

NANCE/ NANTZ, REUBEN
Service: VIRGINIA Rank: ENSIGN
Birth: 7-12-1745 VIRGINIA
Death: 1-13-1812 HENRY CO VIRGINIA
Service; HENRY CO, VA ORDER BOOK 2, 1778-1782, REEL 20, PP 59, 61, 104, 107, IN DATA
Service Description:
Capts: BRICE MARTIN, JOHN WELLS' CO
Resident: HENRY CO MILITIA1 County: HENRY CO - State: VIRGINIA
Spouses:
Amy Williams
Nancy Brown
children:
Reuben
Tabitha
Joseph
John
Peyton Skipper
Bird
William

Posted: 2 Jun 2009 12:51AM GMT
Surnames: Nance, Brown Williamson
I will do that. Thank you. I was wondering why no children were named after Amy Williamson. Could it be that Nancy Brown wrote for his penison? Just thinking out loud. LOL

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 11:12PM GMT
reuben was my 5th great grandpa on my dads side her has been researching the nances for over 10yrs right now we are trying to locate the nance plantation home he owned i heard from genfourm board that document someone had i emailed him havent heard anything pls email me i would love this document jacque.cochran@gmail.com thks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions