Search for content in message boards

Paul McPherson b 1734 Banffshire

Paul McPherson b 1734 Banffshire

Barbara Dorey (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McPherson
Paul McPherson by his military records was born 1734 in Banffshire. He may have moved to Inverness as a young man and he joined the 17th Regiment of Foot in 1763 in Leicestershire, England. He was sent with his regiment to Boston in December 1775 and likely participated in the evacuation of the Loyalists from Boston to Halifax, NS. His military records even tell me that he was 5'8" in stocking feet, with black hair, dark eyes and swarthy complexion. Now if I could just find out who his parents were?

Re: Paul McPherson b 1734 Banffshire

Randall E. Dorey (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2002 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Dorey, Dore
Barbara we spoke about 2 years ago. Since then I have done alot of research and was wondering if we can compare Dorey notes.
Thx
Randall

Ron MacChesney (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2002 4:58PM GMT
My grandmother, Florence Louise MacPherson is a great-great granddaughter of Paul McPherson, I have a copy of his land grant in Nova Scotia (500 acres) in Guysborough, N.S.. She gave me a lot of info. on the Nova Scotia McPhersons and a Donald J. MacPherson also supplied a lot of info. (he resided in Hamilton, Ontario). He passed away and I'm looking for the person who has his research. I haven't been updated in 20 years.

Posted: 9 Jun 2004 7:46AM GMT
Hello. I am trying to complete my family history and I have also come to a stand still with Paul McPherson b. 1734 in Banffshire. I have what I hope to be the most up dated McPherson Family tree. My Grand mother Is Mary Ellen McPherson her father was Kenneth d. McPherson and his father was George Rufus McPherson and so on I can go back as far as Paul McPherson and that is it I am trying to find more but have limited funds, but am very good on-line. Please contact me and maybe we can update all the info....
Thank you Cynthia

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2005 7:17PM GMT
I Am also re-searching my MacPherson family from Guysborough Intervale, Nova Scotia, Canada, and I have been following messages re: Paul Oliver MacPherson, and I believe my decendants are part of the Paul Oliver McPherson Ancestry. Any information you may have I would sure like to hear from you.

Thanks

George E. MacPherson
e-mail gem11@comcast.net

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jan 2005 7:17PM GMT
I Am also re-searching my MacPherson family from Guysborough Intervale, Nova Scotia, Canada, and I have been following messages re: Paul Oliver MacPherson, and I believe my decendants are part of the Paul Oliver McPherson Ancestry. Any information you may have I would sure like to hear from you.

Thanks

George E. MacPherson
e-mail gem11@comcast.net

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 2:59PM GMT
hi all

my name is larry lee and I am a g grandson of rufus Whitman McPherson.

I had worked closely with d. j. macpherson on the family tree.

you may contact me at the above e mail
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions