MY MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME IS LASARTE. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY
INFORMATION ON HER FAMILY. SHE HAD 2 UNCLES THAT SETTLED IN
PLUMMER, IDAHO. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE. PF

LASARTE OR LACERTE

PHYLLIS FLORES (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LASARTE
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN ANY INFORMATION YOU HAVE ON THE NORTH DAKOTA LASARTE'S. I BELIEVE THEY MIGHT BE MY FAMILY.
YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT nemesio01@earthlink.net. THANK YOU, PHYLLIS

Lasarte, Lacerte, Lassarte

Francis Plessis (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2005 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Lasarte, Lacerte, Lassarte, Martin
To: PHYLLIS FLORES(MORROW)

Lasarte, Lacerte, Lassarte

While looking at my tree, I was researching the decendants of Louis Lacerte (born ABT October 27, 1782 in N.W.T.) and Marie Martin (born ABT October 27, 1782 in Athabaska N.W.T.). They were Red River Métis and travelled to and from the Athabaska territory, to and from St. Cloud MN (near Minniapolis). They were also part o the buffalo hunts along the north Misouri River.
Because of the oral tradition part of the family went to Miniapolis with the name Lassarte. After the Red River rebellion some went to Willow Bunch/Wood Mountain Sakachewan with the original name Lacerte but pronounced Lassarte. Most received half-breed script when the Canadian annexation took place.
However, at least one family joined a Chippewa band in North Dakota.
Could one of these be the non-spanish Lasarte you are looking for.
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2001 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: Lasarte
Hi Larry We must be cousins! My grandfather was Lawrence LaSarte, his parents were John LaSarte and Florence Larance.
His siblings were: Suzette, Phillip, Mary, Christine, Alexander, George, Arthur, Alvin, Isabelle, Benjamin, and Joe. Some of these may be wrong because I've been picking up bits and pieces from other cousins. Which one of these ancestors are you from? Where do you live? We live in Spokane. My mother is still living, she is 83 and in poor health. She would love to meet any of her family before she passes on. Please keep in touch.

LaSarte Family

Larry LaSarte (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LaSarte
We are related.

Re: LASARTE OR LACERTE

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 10:22AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2005 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: LASARTE, DUFFENY
I am searching too. Lucy Lasarte married William Eli Duffeny.
Mn census indicate born Canada. Later Mn census indicate
born MN. Settled Pillager Mn, Cass County. Had 5 daughters. Time periond 1880's thru 1930's.

Posted: 30 Mar 2002 10:11AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2005 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: LASARTE, LACERTE
I have searched through my family files and did not find Lucy LaSarte/LaCerte. I'm sorry but I will definitely be watching for that name.

Anonymous (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 2:32AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2005 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: LASARTE, DUFFENY, SARFF, BARRETT, ZENTZ, JESSUP, TROTTOCHAUD-HAGEN, LESART, CANNON, CECIL
Lucy LeSart married William Duffney had 5 daughters-Mary (Sarff), Cecelia (Barrett), Julia (Zentz), Lillie (Jessup) and Louise (Trottochaud-Hagen). Lucy LeSart b2-17-1859, d9-10-35. Lucy Parents-Bill Lesart and Lucy ???. Lucy LeSart (Duffney) had 5 siblings...Florey (Cannon), Mary (Cecil), Henry, Dan and George. George b10-12-1872.

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 11:27PM GMT
My grandma was Lillie Jessop. I remember my mom telling me my great grandma was Chippewa and I was interested in finding out more....

I have an old picture of her and she appears native american so I would really like to find out more. If anyone knows, I would love to find out more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions