Search for content in message boards

Elkview/Big Chimney/Spencer/Roane Co. WV

Elkview/Big Chimney/Spencer/Roane Co. WV

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2004 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Moore
Hi everyone, I thought I would try a post here to see if anyone is descended from the following?

Elijah Monroe Moore b. 189? d. 1/1932
m. Stella Taylor b. 189? d. 4/1959
children: Raymond curtis moore, opal emmajean moore, coy franklin moore, denver brooks moore, james russell moore, and nellie mae moore

John W. Larch
married ? Shaffer

Elijah Runnion m. Mary Moore (1) Ida Mae Schoolcraft (2)
As you can see, I have not got much information on my line and I am trying to link the lines. I am especially intrested in the Runnion line. Elijah was a bound boy on the 1880 census with the HIram Cummings family. I am hoping to locate someone who can tell me where/when he was born so I can track a birth certificate. I have a death certificate but it gives no information. Thank you, Juanita

Re: Elkview/Big Chimney/Spencer/Roane Co. WV

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2002 12:33AM GMT
Juanita,
I have a John William Larch b. 7/2/1858 in Craig Co, Va. d. 1/31/1939 in Roane Co, WV. Married Susan Jane Shafer on 10/4/1877 in Roane Co, WV. She was b. 5/13/1857 in Roane Co, WV and d. 1/3/1931in Roane Co, WV. John William's father was David Isaac Larch, Sr. who was my great-great grandfather. Would like to hear any other info you might have on the Larch family as well. My email address is cathydco@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Cathy

Posted: 4 Jul 2001 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Schoolcraft, Stump

I am looking for documents of Joseph Schoolcraft and Mary Stump They had 3 sonsHoward, Charles and Ernest,daughters opal audrey and neola I believe that neola was adopted at 3 or 4 years of age.

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 7:41PM GMT
Hi My husband father was Coy Franklin Moore he married Nellie Elizabeth Strickland after there son was born my husband Harold J Strickland Coy die in 1958.We have been trying to fine more about his father maybe we are kin

Posted: 25 May 2010 8:39PM GMT
My great grandfather was Alfred Jacob Strickland (I think that according to your records his sister was Nellie?)and he lived in Elkiview, WV with his wife Leathea Wolfe Strickland, and their children, one of which was my grandfather Robert Lee Strickland who passed away a few months ago. My grandfather still has a sister living in the Elkview area, Ruby Carte, and another sister Macel in Florida.

Perhaps this helps. Sorry took so long, I havent checked in a long time.

Melissa

Posted: 15 Jan 2011 6:17AM GMT
Surnames: Schoolcraft, Stump
Hi salleyflower. My husband's mother is the Neola Schoolcraft that you mentioned. She passed away in 1995. We have a few documents that a cousin sent to us. Please email us at lou31952@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions