Search for content in message boards

Krchmar, Pizinger, Kudlata, Brashna

Krchmar, Pizinger, Kudlata, Brashna

Posted: 1 Oct 2009 7:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Krchmar, Pizinger, Kudlata, Brashna
All had been born in or around Praha, Central Bohemia and immigrated to the USA in the 1860s. My ggggrandfather is Josef Pizinger (listed as Peshinger in the immigration ship role) and he married Mary Kudlata in Czech or Austria. I am dead ending at him, although I have a few leads. They all ended up in the Barton County, KS area and branched out from there. My grandfather was Maurice Elmer Pizinger and he was born in KS 8/27/1922.

Re: Krchmar, Pizinger, Kudlata, Brashna

Posted: 14 Oct 2009 4:13PM GMT
In Prague archive parish records are available, but exact location is needed to search in them. On-line are available some indexed conscription records from Prague, see http://www.nacr.cz/english/conscriptions.aspx

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 8:45PM GMT
Hi and thanks,

I found a few names in the conscriptions, none of them Josef Pizinger. I just emailed the archives to see if they can find anything. I am also in touch with Pizingers in the Czech Republic and am told it is a very uncommon surname, even over there.

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 8:54AM GMT
Surnames: Pizinger, Peshinger
Thanks everyone for your input this far. I am going to be in Prague for a month next summer, where I will be studying international business at the University of Prague. I am hoping to be able to meet Pizingers in that area while I am there. Josef was not born in Prague, he was born in Písek, CZ in 1830. I found the local library for that village and sent an e-mail to see if there are any existing records, but I never heard back. I'm not sure if he was born in the village of Písek or the parish/county (not sure what the equivalent is called over there). I know he was a farmer both in CZ and in Kansas, USA. I have a catalog that once belonged to him and his son James W. that is dated 1899, which is 11 years before J.W. opened his jewelry/music shop and about 8 years before Josef passed away. It was in my Grand-dad Maurice's desk.

Is there anyone out there that can translate these conscriptions for me if I provide you the link? It looks like the writing is in both Czech and German, neither of which I know anything about! http://digi.nacr.cz/prihlasky2/indexen.php?m=20

I believe Petr was Josef's brother and Amalie may have been his siblings, but I can't be completely sure just yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you!!

Leza

Posted: 11 Aug 2011 9:56PM GMT
Church records from South Bohemian region (that include Pisek district) are on-line on http://digi.ceskearchivy.cz. Thus you can check them.

I am able to translate texts from Czech and German, but often the main problem is to read it, not to translate it.

Posted: 17 Mar 2012 9:04AM GMT
Thanks! I just now found this and am working on the information in some of the parish books in the region.

I saw that the Pizinger family was forced from their farmland by the communist government in order to build Temelin....does anyone know where in CR that is at?

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 8:31PM GMT
Hi

Temelin is near Tyn nad Vltavou town.
Kudlata is female from Kudlaty.

Tony.

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Pisinger, Pizinger
I was in Temelin yesterday and walked from there to Tyn nad Vlatvou looking for a cemetery that I was told is somewhere in between the two villages. The total walk was about 9km! I didn't get a chance to really look around Tyn since the trains were running about every 2 hours and I wanted to get back to Pisek before dark (it was raining and cold). I am going to Všemyslice tomorrow and hoping to find cemeteries I've been told about. I am also going to the actual state archival office in Pisek on Monday morning before heading back to Prague to finish up the summer semester. I plan on visiting the location in Praha as well since I have information pointing to my line being in Praha in 1872 when my 3x great grandfather and his twin brother were born...just before the family immigrated to the US. I just wish I had more time to get this done!!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:13PM GMT
I used to live in Písek and the Pizinger family still was there a few years ago. At least one of lived near us, I remember the name on the doorbell. I didn´t know any of them personally, though.

Good luck with your search!

Posted: 29 Jul 2014 2:48AM GMT
I am also a relative of Josef Pizinger, My grandfather was Charles Arthur Pizinger and my father was Robert Charles Pizinger. There is a family cemetery in Barton County on a farm that once belonged to our family. I have photos of the gravestones with names and dates. My father would visit the cemetery every few years with the current owners permission. I have pictures of Josef and his wife and other Pizinger relatives. I remember visiting my great grandfather and grandmother in Kansas. I was in awe of their house and remember it as a type of Victorian with French glass doors leading to the parlor. They spoke bohemian and were very strick/stern. My grandmother (Rose Zavesky) wife to Charles used to tell me stories of the farm life and harvesting of the fields. A lot of our relatives also had farms in Kansas and they would all go from farm to farm at harvest time to help each other. There were 2 farms in our family, one has been sold but there is still one in the family. I have some history of our family that my Uncle (Donald Pizinger) as gathered for us. Have you been able to find any further info on relatives past Josef Pizinger?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic