Search for content in message boards

John Robert T. Haynes 1838 Amite county

John Robert T. Haynes 1838 Amite county

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haynes

Would like to find a birth and or baptismal record for John Robert Trezerant(sp?) Haynes. Born 1838 in Amite county. Father was Bythell Haynes, Mother, Amanda Melvina Gerald. Could anyone help me out on this, willing to pay for your time. Thanks,

Re: John Robert T. Haynes 1838 Amite county

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 12:47PM GMT
Wheras I do not have any information on your JOHN ROBERT (TRESERANT) HAYNES, I thought that perhaps we could collaborate on having more complete data on the complete families of BYTHELL HAYNES. In my records, I have Bythell with three wives, to wit: MARY BALDWIN (m. bef. 1800), AMANDA MALVINA F. GERALD (m. 1 Nov 1831), and ELIZABETH BOATNER (m. 17 Oct 1839). I currently have no children whatsoever for the 2nd and 3rd wives. But, I do have a JOHN HAYNES in the large family of the 1st wife. Also, now questionable is the death date that I have for Bythell, being "1833 in Wilkinson County MS." This, of course, conflicts with the his marriage date to his 3rd wife.

Do you have more complete names, dates, and places for the families of the 2nd and 3rd marriages? And, also more accurate birth and death dates and places for Bythell?

Re: John Robert T. Haynes 1838 Amite county

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 7:43PM GMT
Surnames: Haynes, Gerald, Boatner, McCay/McCoy, Butler, Armistead
Thanks for posting. Domojo and I are working together on this line. We'd be happy to collaborate with you. What is your line?
There are many Bythell Haynes in this line so it gets a bit confusing. I think you have some information from two generations rolled into one. Here's what we have:

The death date of 1833 belongs to Bythell Haynes born in North Carolina about 1755 and died in Woodville, Wilkinson Co., Mississippi 23 Apr 1833.
His birth year and death date comes from an obituary:
Woodville Republican, April 27, 1833 Pg. 2
Died - On the 23rd, instant, in the 78th year of his age, Mr. Bythell Haynes. Mr. Haynes was a soldier of the Revolution*, and has been for the past 25 years a citizen of this county.

*Regarding his service in the Revolution, I have that he served as a Sergeant in John Dawson's Company, 6th Regiment of North Carolina Continental Line.

This Bythell Haynes was married to a woman who's name is unconfirmed but may be Lucy or Elizabeth and/or last name Armistead, abt 1781 in Northampton Co., North Carolina. We do not know when she died, but they had two children: Armistead (1784-1835) and Francis Bythel (1786-1864).

After his first wife's death, Bythel married Mary Baldwin, 1796 in Bladen, North Carolina, USA, according to the U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900.

The will of this Bythell Haynes can be found here and provides information about his children:
http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.northam.usa.states.mis...

Bythell Haynes and Mary Baldwin had, among the other children, a son named Bythel, born in May 1808 in Tennessee and died 1884 in Woodville, Wilkinson Co., Mississippi. This son become a Lawyer, wealthy land owner, and a State Representative for East Feliciana Parish Louisiana. He is Domojo's 3rd Great Grandfather and my 4th.

This Bythel (Jr.) was married to the other women you mentioned, plus one more. His wives were: Amanda Malvina Gerald, Elizabeth Boatner and Delia McCay/McCoy. Here is the information on their marriages and children. We can also provide further info if you are interested:

Bythel Haynes Jr. married Amanda Gerald on 1 Nov 1831, in Woodville, Amite County, Mississippi. We have the marriage certificate, and there is a notice in the paper:
Mississippi Democrat, Woodville, Miss., 5 Nov. 1831
Married on Tuesday last, by Bishop William E. Mathews, Bythell Haynes, Esq., of Wilkinson, to Miss Amanda Malvina Gerald, of Amite Co. (Wiltshire, vol. 2, p. 61)

Amanda Malvina F. Gerald1, was daughter of Dr. Samuel Gerald & Elizabeth R. Normand, in Woodville, Amite County, Mississippi.1,2 Born in 1815 in Centerville, Mississippi.4 Amanda Malvina F. died in Woodville, Amite County, Mississippi, on 22 Jul 1838; she was 23.

Bythel Jr. and Amanda had the following children:
i. Justice John Robert Tresevant Born about 1837 in Louisiana or Mississippi, died 7 Aug 1871 in Galveston, TX. He married Malvina Babin (abt 1842-28 Mar 1918) in Baton Rouge, LA on 17 Apr 1860.
ii. Dr. Samuel Bythel. Born on 17 Oct 1833 in Mississippi.3 Samuel Bythel died on 17 Jan 1896; he was 62. Buried in Mt. Carmel Cemetery, Wilkinson Co., Ms., Section 22, T 3 N, R 3 E.
Samuel Bythel married Martha Anne.
iii. Lawrence Baldwin (1834-~1900). He married Anna Elizabeth Letherman on 9 Nov 1871 in Woodville, Wilkinson Co., Mississippi.
iv. Bythella Elizabeth. Born on 10 Sep 1835 in Mississippi.3 Bythella Elizabeth died in Clinton, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, on 24 Aug 1869; she was 33.5 Buried in Clinton Cemetery, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.
On 6 Dec 1855 when Bythella Elizabeth was 20, she married Lewis Nauman in East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. Born on 22 Feb 1830.5 Lewis died in Clinton Cemetery, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, on 26 Mar 1887; he was 57.5

Bythel Haynes Jr. married Elizabeth Boatner on 17 Oct 1839 in Clinton, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.
Elizabeth Boatner was daughter of Dr. Mark Boatner & Mary Butler, in Clinton, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. Born in Sep 1820 in Clinton, E. Feliciana, Louisiana. Elizabeth died in Clinton, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana, on 21 Nov 1845; she was 25.

They had the following children:
i. Mary Amanda. Born in 1840 in Louisiana.3
ii. Josephine Boatner. Born on 21 Apr 1842 in Louisiana.3 Josephine Boatner died on 7 Oct 1852; she was 10. Buried in Boatner Cemetery, town of Clinton, East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana.
iii. Sophia. Born in 1842/1844 in Louisiana.3
iv . Eliza. Born in 1840 in Louisiana.

Bythel Haynes Jr. married Delia McCay on 21 Oct 1847 in Pike Co., Mississippi. Delia McCay was daughter of Robert McCay & Eliza. She was Born on 19 May 1822 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Delia died in Summit, Mississippi, on 19 Oct 1871; she was 49.

They had one child:
i. Eliza M. Born in 1843 or 1849 in Jackson, East Feliciana Parish, LA.3
Eliza M. married Hugh Q. Bridges.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic