Search for content in message boards

Wood Family Bible, back to 1841

Wood Family Bible, back to 1841

Posted: 13 Oct 2008 5:50AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Edited: 13 Oct 2008 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Caldwell, Smith, Miller, Faulkner, Owens, MacDonald, Cooper, Cranford, Webb, McFee
I am in possession of a small (6"x4"x1 1/4"), extremely well worn bible which lists several members of the Wood family going back to 1841 as well as Caldwell, Smith, Miller, Faulkner, Owens, MacDonald, Cooper, Cranford and Webb. It appears to have been presented to a Hilda McFee (?)in 1913. I acquired it before I became interested in genealogy just because I couldn't bear to see it destroyed. If this sounds like it could be your branch of the family, contact me and I will send it to you.

Re: Wood Family Bible, back to 1841

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 1:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
where are you located? Do you know where this family Bible
originated...what part of the country?

Posted: 14 Oct 2008 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
I live in Michigan. I typed in the name of one member of the Wood family and came up with California but,since I wasn't certain he would really want the bible or use the info I decided my ancestry account would be a better way to find someone that would really want/use it. Where are you?
Do you think any of this bibles entries could help you?

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 9:48AM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2008 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: WOOD, Woods, Cooper, Smith, Owens, Faulker, McGhee, Ransome, Aiken
I have a Cornelius Jr COOPER who married Jane WOOD c 1796, whose dau Prisy COOPER them married Dec 21 1820 William SMITH.. Any of those names there?

Bertha OWENS married Lee WOODS c 1904
Elizabeth OWENS married Jacob WOOD {UEL} aft 1778
Martha FAULKER married Amos WOODS 11 Aug 1847
John 'Rock' SMITH married Elizabeth WOOD c 1640
Elizabeth WOOD married Jesse MeGHEE 08 Nov 1796

at least 4 other names married into my family RANSOME's & AIKEN's.. BUT I have each of those names you've listed in my file...

So difficult to say from such a distance w/o a scanned copy to look at and know more information. Like you, would hate to see it lost.
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=dbarraclo...
Don't know if looking at my tree would help any or not..
God Bless

Posted: 15 Oct 2008 2:53PM GMT
Edited: 15 Oct 2008 2:57PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Faulkner, Cooper, Owens, Smith
Jasper Newton Wood (b.3Jan1841/d.2Sept,1918) wed Mary Elizabeth Cooper (b.12Feb1845/d.13Dec1916) on Nov 21, 1861
John L. Faulkner wed Dora Wood, no date.
They had two children, Johnnie Glen Faulkner Nov 27, 1941 and Daniel Alexander Faulkner on April 18, 1943.
Jake Ernest Wood wed Jean Owens on October 14, 1942.
Charles Lewis Smith wed Cecelia May Wood July 3, 1946

Posted: 29 Oct 2008 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2008 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Woods, Graybill, Hill
I have just read you post. Have you found taker for this bible? I don't know if any of my relatives are listed in the bible, but if you look at my family tree you could let me know. I would love to have it if there is any connection.My tree is the Graybill(Hill) tree.The Wood connection is on the Graybill side.

Posted: 5 Jun 2009 6:40PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2009 12:11PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Pike
Is there a mention of a John Wood he had at least two sons who are Francis (Frank) born in 1852 another son Joseph abt 1850, Francis married Louisa Pike and had 5 children all in Michigan. Mary, Frank, George, Albert and John.

The two brothers Francis and Joseph were born in Canada.

Jesse LaForest - jlaforest@sbcglobal.net

If you can link me to this bible I would gladly pay you the cost you paid as well as shipping, I live in Bay City MI.

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jun 2009 11:48AM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Whitney
Hi Rhonda, I doubt if any of my relatives are in your Bible but I have to ask. My GGGGrandfather was Harry Wood of Ohio but he either owned or chartered ships over Lake Erie. His daughters were Emily, Martha, Adelia, Lillian m Shifferstein, Victoria and Isabel (Belle). Belle married a seaman by the name of Emmett Whitney. My grandfather Ray Valentine went to sea with one or both grandfathers at an early age so Michigan is not out of the realm of anyone settling there. I do not know the married names of some of the daughters.
Are any of these names listed?
Thanks for checking. Lisa

Posted: 6 Jul 2009 2:44AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2009 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Frary, Caldwell, smith, miller, faulkner, owens, macdonald, cooper, webb
I had a small bible that was lost when moving around from out west moving back to the east coast. my woods lived in MI, and in the new england area, as I did when I was younger. I have a frank R. Wood marries Eloise Jane Frary.

I have all of these people in my tree last name WOOD: I have Abigail, Alanson, Alfred, Alice, amariah, ann Barbara, bennet, betsy, bonnie, calista, calno, charlotte, clara, corey, david, deborah, edith, elizabath, edith, enoch, eunice, fannie, florence,frank, hannah, hattie, herman, hermon, isaiah, jack, joal, john, julia, katherine, katir, leona , linda, lydia, mary, maria, mildres, napoleon, nina, norman, pearl, phillip, rebecca, richard, robert, ruth, sarah, sharon, susan, sussana, sussannah, terry,thompson, walter, warren, willard, william, Xenophen.

Last name of FAULKNER: francis, luther, Rebecca, sally, william.

I have many many Smiths

I have CALDWELLS: James John, Mary, Mayue, Velma.
cooper: Ann, carolyn, dan, david, deborah, gayle, jacob, jerusha, john, keith, kenneht, lamberton, matilda,mercator, richard, sarah, virginia.

MILLER: amanda, amy, betty, charles, claude, dorothy, edatha, electra, elizabeth, fanny, fred, g, george, hattie,james, jeffrey, jessie, kenneth, lee ann, leonard, lewis, lisa, mary, michael, michelle, nancy, nellie, rex, robert, sarah, stephen, thankful, tillie, warren, william, Zebediah.

I have 1 OWENS: Bonnie

I have OWEN: Charles, Elizabeth, Lloyd, Margaret, william.

sara MACDONALD.

several WEBB: Anna, charles, elizabeth, louisa, Lydia, Myrtle, Nathan.

Are any of these in this book? My book was black hard cover, binding was going, said holy bible on cover. please let me know. thank You. My personal email is Mage7510@aol.com

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Miller, McDonald
I am in fact of the Miller branch of that family. I believe Hilda was married to Ted MacDonald, my mothers half brother, who is still living in Arizona. I would love to have the bible or at leasta copy of it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions