Search for content in message boards

Bradshaws from North and South Carolina

Bradshaws from North and South Carolina

Posted: 24 Aug 2002 3:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
would like info. on any Bradshaws from NC and S.Cmy grand father was Willie L. Bradshaw, he had brothers named Enoch ,Sam, Rubin ,Lewie , they lived in Maning S.C. ,KingstreeSC, Georgetown SC alcolu ,SC and Rockinghanm, NC. I know a lot of their names ,but it is quite alot to copy at this time.
,Thanks . Norma B. Hanna

Re: Bradshaws from North and South Carolina

Cindy Parrish (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2002 3:24AM GMT
Well, I dont know how much help I would be....I am very new to this...but I am a Bradshaw from North Carolina. My grandfather was Monroe Purvis....ring any bells? Sorry if I am way off here, not too sure of myself with this whole thing yet
thanks
Cindy

Norma Hanna (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 1:40AM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw , Butler, Lambert
Iam not sure about that name
one of the names is Rubin Bradshaw they lived in east Rockingham. had a daughter that married a Gaskins ,they live in Charlotte NC. My Grandfather was Willie Bradshaw
they were all Born in Williamsbyrg Co. South Carolinanear the smsll town of Kingstree which use to be Turkey Township
he moved to Georgetown and Married Mary Magdeline Lambert from the Saints Delight section of Georgetown SC. who was the widow of Washington L Bradshaw
. where are you from? I live in Georgetown SC. 35 miles north Of Myrtle Beach
youm are probably not off base ,I think all of the Bradshaws
are related in some way , who was your Father and Mother?
My Mother was Leila Bradshaw and she married James Earl Butler. Nice to hear from you , let me hear some more
Norma

Cindy Parrish (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2002 11:28AM GMT
Well, I am originally from Fayetteville NC My father is Roy Bradshaw and my mother is Gerry Bradshaw. My grandparents who are bradshaw are both deceased now, so I have a feeling my search is going to be a little hard. My grandparents were Monroe Purvis Bradshaw and Jewel Lee Bradshaw Maiden: Matthews.
So far that is all I know. I still have to get up with my father and see if he knows my great grandparents names, so we'll see where that leads. Thanks for your help!

Cindy Parrish

Posted: 4 Oct 2002 11:50AM GMT
Edited: 20 Dec 2002 7:09AM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw,Whitson,Franks,Skaggs,Rogers,Hornback,Spain
I'm also trying to research Bradshaws out of N.C. by way of Arkansas. My greatgrandmother Sophia/Sophie/Sopha Bradshaw married James Whitson in Washington, Ark in 1875. She listed her father (name not listed) as being born in N.C. but we have no records. They moved on to Tx/Ok area after Ark. I'm in OKC area. She was Indian or part? I don't know from which side.
If you run across anything that would help, I would be very happy. Thanks Nova Hornback srod46@aol.com

Charlene (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 2002 11:07PM GMT
I too am looking for information on NC BRADSHAW from Burke Co area. I have Charles b November 08, 1833 d November 01, 1930 Upper Fork, Burke Co North Carolina m (1) Elizabeth BRADSHAW (2) Mary Ann (Stanford) STAFFORD widow of Sidney FRANKLIN.
Please email me if you have any further info ... Charlene
Email: mihnbu@aol.com

Tim Bradshaw (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 4:23AM GMT
Hey Cuz! My grandfather was Reuben Bradshaw, Willie's Brother. Like to hear from you

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 4:45AM GMT
Surnames: Bradshaw/ Bratcher
Norma, can you email me privately. My email addy is as follows:
terry-j-moore@webtv.net
My family of Bratchers lived in Jones county NC on the Neuse River Basin and owned lots of land there. I am thinking your Lewis may have been my gg grandfather if so I am hoping that you have info on who his parents were.

Reg Niles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2005 4:19AM GMT
It's been a few years since you posted your query and maybe you heard about the online Social Security Death Index, which I just checked at :

http://ssdi.rootsweb.com

Your grandfather appears to be listed : exact dates are given for his birth (1922) and death (1989) plus a few other facts. Place of death is never given online.

All card holders must fill out an SS-5 form listing their birthplace and names of parents. So, if you lack those names, and price is no problem, the Social Security Administration will sell you a copy of the SS-5 form. To do so, find your grandfather's entry on the website, look on the right side, and click on "SS-5."

RootsWeb will generate a form letter which you can print and mail to the SSA with the fee. Then wait a few months.

Reg Niles---not a relative

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 12:32AM GMT
Hi, I'm researching the African American Murrells from Williamsburg County,SC. My father name Elick Murrell, was the son of Edward McCutchen, who had a sister name Annie McCutchen that married into the Bradshaw family in the early 1900's in Williamsburg County. They had about 11 children, I think about two of them are still living, well anyway there are a lot of Bradshaws here in Phila, PA.
Email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions