Search for content in message boards

Boxley Hamilton , Co Indiana

Boxley Hamilton , Co Indiana

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 5:03PM GMT
Boxley , Hamilton Co Indiana it seems that a lot of family members were either born there or lived there. and I cant find much on it . Surnames are Fitzsimmons , Steffey ,

Re: Boxley Hamilton , Co Indiana

Indiana Room (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 2:20PM GMT
Ms. Bathe,

The Indiana Room has a file on Boxley and several county histories which also have information on Boxley. We have listings for the Boxley Cemetery.

We also have a family history file on the FITZSIMMONS surname and the STEFFEY surname.

If you have specific questions on ancestors, I would be happy to check those files for you.

Nancy
Indiana Room Assistant

Posted: 14 Mar 2002 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 16 Mar 2002 5:03PM GMT
anything I have only some names William Fitzsimmons was my gr grandfather he married Sarah McMcNanney they had several children . the Steffey family remained I think in that area My gr grandmother was born in Boxley area .So anything would be helpful

Indiana Room (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 3:24PM GMT
Ms. Bathe,

I checked the FITZSIMMONS family history file. There are 7 pages of information on William Fitzsimmons, including a copy of his obituary.

In the STEFFEY family history file, there are about 50 pages of research and family group sheets from my own research on this family and from the research of other patrons. Your Nelle STEFFY was married to Albert FITZSIMMONS. Information on the family and its ancestry is there.

Please contact me if you would like copies of both files. You would need to prepay the copy cost (10 cents a page) and the postage.

Nancy
indrm@nspl.lib.in.us

Posted: 26 Mar 2002 9:59PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2004 10:06AM GMT
My gg grandfather was William Alfred BOXLEY, born 1815, Spotsylvania County, VA and died in Mercer County, MO 1895. He mar Mary Ballew in IL ca 1840. We think he was the son of Thomas Boxley, but have no proof. Early records passed to me say he was the son of George and Hannah Jenkins Boxley but this is not possible. George and Alfred were most likely brothers. Any help would be appreciated and will gladly pay all costs. Thanks. maggie, nickerson, ks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic