Search for content in message boards

The Bunch Family of Jellico, TN and Williamsburg, KY

The Bunch Family of Jellico, TN and Williamsburg, KY

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 6:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bunch
I am from the Bunch family of Jellico, Tennessee and Williamsburg, Kentucky. My grandfather was Absalom Berry Bunch. His brothers and sisters were Jane, Dewey, Charlie, Lewis, Ruby, and Albert. There were more siblings I just don't know all of there names. I would like to hear from anyone who knows of this lineage or are close relations. You can email me at fuzznutz69@gmail.com.

Thanks, Lisa

Re: The Bunch Family of Jellico, TN and Williamsburg, KY

Posted: 11 Jun 2008 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: Bunch, Reed
Hi Lisa. I don't know if I'll be much help. I think someone from my mother's Whitley Co. Reed line married a Bunch. If I remember correctly, there may have been a divorce. Mom passed away recently so I can't ask her. It may come back to me. I do know that there are some Bunches buried at the Reed Family Cemetery in Whitley Co. I'm not sure how they are related. Maybe some of the names will mean something to you. They are:

Alex (1886 - 1945)
Edward L. (1918 - 1947)
Ester H. (1926 - 1991)
James C. (1914 - 1980)
Louvena (1911 - 1993)
Virgina L. (1891 - 1976)

Posted: 27 Jun 2008 11:04PM GMT
Hello are you related to the Bunch from Brownsville TN, my greatgrandfather was Nelson Bunch,

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 12:57PM GMT
I'm not quite sure if I'm related to the Bunches from Brownsville. Is it close to Jellico or Willamsburg? My grandfather Bunch was a Cherokee Indian. Are you rich in the Native American history?

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 12:59PM GMT
Surnames: ,
I wish I knew but I don't. The information you gave me isn't familiar at all.

Posted: 30 Jun 2008 7:47AM GMT
Surnames: ,
no im not but, my G,G,G was originally from South Carolina, they moved to Tennessee, i dont know if that would help

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 3:47AM GMT
Edited: 19 Apr 2010 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Bunch, Griffin, Griffith
Hello! I was wondering: do you have a John Bunch, born roughly 1851, in your research? With it being such a common name, I'm having trouble matching him up. He married a Mary Griffin/Griffith sometime around 1890 and lived in Whitley county, Williamsburg area.

My grandmother, his granddaughter, is distinctly indian.

Thanks so much!

Cindy Pritt

Posted: 1 Sep 2011 6:30PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2011 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Bunch, Watson
I have a Nelson Bunch b. possibly 8/18/1846, d.10 1914 of pellegra in my line. Son was James Bunch and grandson James Finley Bunch b. 2/21/20 in Evarts, ky. JFB was married to Mildred Teuchenhagen Watson and had 2 children with her. JFB probably worked as a miner in Butte, Montana and Kellogg-But=rke,l Idaho area.

Posted: 12 Jan 2012 7:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2012 1:29PM GMT
I have a Nelson Anderson Bunch B. 1813 father of Nelson Bunch b. 8/18/1846 and died 10/29/1914. Other names in line are James A and James F Bunch.

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 5:39PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 19 Mar 2012 6:23PM GMT
Surnames: Caddell, Bunch
The KY/TN Bunch line is primarily from the original John Bunch line of Virginia which had major landholdings in Louisa Co VA, but left there after the Revolution. They first settled in what was variously North Carolina, The State of Franklin, North Carolina again, then East Tennessee. Therefore, state of origin depends on the timeline. The earliest area Bunches appear in Sullivan and Hawkins KY, TN 1786 then in Grainger, Hancock, Campbell, Claiborne, Anderson and other East TN counties as they progressed across TN and into KY through the Cumberland Gap. After The War Between the States, the major area industry was timber, then coal into the 20th Century, and many Bunches did both.
My Bunch line crossed East TN after 1786 and went back and forth between Claiborne, Campbell in TN and Whitley, Knox, Bell and Harlan in KY. Most of my direct Bunches left KY by 1920, but I recently moved to Hawkins Co TN to continue my research. I've been collecting all Bunches in the East Tennessee area since 1969, in an attempt to link as many as possible and fill my own line. My Ancestry tree contains only the Bunches I'm focused on for my line, but I do have information on Absolum Bunch in my FTM tree and would be happy to help with other Bunches in the subject area.

Absolum's parents were:

Henry Bunch (11 Jun 1872,Whitley Co,Ky-6 Mar 1936, Whitley Co)
Mary Ann Caddell (2 Dec 1972 -?)
Henry and Mary's children were:
Alice Bunch (22 Aug 1890)
Ranzy Bunch (18 Nov 1892)
Angeline (26 Mar 1894)
Jane Bunch (3 Nov 1895)
Dewey Starlin Bunch (4 Aug 1898-24 Jul 1955)
Lewis Bunch (1900- )
Charlie Bunch (3 Jun 1901)
Ruby Bunch (1903- )
Albert Bunch (29 Sep 1904- )
Daisy Bunch (1908- )
Edith Bunch (1909- )
Absolum Berry Bunch (13 Oct 1906- )

Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions