Search for content in message boards

African-Americans with Roots in Southampton

African-Americans with Roots in Southampton

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 2:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a loose theory that most of the African America families in Southampton are interrelated. I'd like to reach out to all African-Americans with roots in Southampton to join me in a project to put this theory to the test.

If you do not have an aversion to DNA testing, please send me a message on Ancestry for more information.

Re: African-Americans with Roots in Southampton

Posted: 7 Jun 2011 8:43PM GMT
Hello again. We had connected previously. I believe that some of my forefathers were from Southampton county. I am in for DNA testing.

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 4:19PM GMT
Sent off the first kit with my father's DNA. I thought this would be prudent because he has roots on both sides of his family.

Sultana

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: Reid, Reed, Felton, Bailey
I have done DNA testing for the Paternal and Maternal. Its already posted on the Ancestry DNA site. Lets work together to see if we are connected.

Posted: 17 Nov 2011 6:01PM GMT
Ancestries DNA testing isn't very good for identifying much more than your haplogroups. 23andMe actually will compare DNA to see if you're genetically related.

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Majette
I to have ancestors for Southampton, Dinwiddie County,and some parts of Virginia. I would like to participate in on this project. My ancestor all are in line with Majettes, Magette, Mogget, or Mogget.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 2:07AM GMT
Surnames: Seaborn, Ridley, Taylor, Maclin, Everett, Prince, Ricks, Pretlow, Green, Scott, Judkins, Carr, Walker, Hicks, Wyche and a few others I am sure I forgot.
I am in for DNA testing my family is from Southampton County. My grandmother from the eastern side of the Nottoway River and my grandfather is from the western side near Capron area.

Posted: 12 Mar 2012 2:51AM GMT
I have African American roots in Southampton county and would take a DNA test. My direct email is jbaker18@bellsouth.net. My ancestors left there in the late 1700s and early 1800s.

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 11:33AM GMT
Surnames: Majette
Haven't did my DNA test yet, but I would gladly join you in your project. Most of my ancestor are from Southampton Virginia and North Carolina area, spread out towards Mass and New York. Please infor me about your project.

Posted: 29 Mar 2012 8:48PM GMT
Hello.

My name is Michael Britt. I took a dna test and am a match with the Britt line from Southampton. I am black, and would like to find out more about my lineage. Any thoughts you have are appreciated.

Best,

Michael Britt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions