Search for content in message boards

A Genealogy Of Corleys

A Genealogy Of Corleys

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 6:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Corley, Walker, Sims
My grandfather just gave me his copy of this book. It was the first time I had ever seen it or done any research on this side of my family. Just putting some feelers out there to see what I can find... or help others find with the info I have.
My great grandmother was Opal Walker, daughter to Maude May Corley and Edward Walker, granddaughter to Asberry Corley and great granddaughter to Jonathan William Corley.

Re: A Genealogy Of Corleys

Posted: 5 Jan 2010 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: Corley
My family is descended from Edel Corley- my grandfather is Winon E. Corley from Florida with a distant connection to the Lee clan, but that's all I know.

I do know we come from the original lineage of the brothers that came over and spread out along the coast, from Ireland. I'd love to know more myself!

Posted: 1 Feb 2011 9:51PM GMT
I am searching for information about Thomas Corley and his wife Catharine. They were born in Ireland in 1834 & 1838. They immigrated to the US with 3 children in 1863. 5 others born in the US. They lived in NYC. Any information or directions will be appreciated.

Posted: 10 Apr 2011 5:36PM GMT
I am seeking any information on Edward Corley born 1849 in Ireland. He immigrated to to US in 1868 from Liverpool, England. I believe his parents were James and Mary Corly, who were both born somewhere in Ireland but lived in Dundee Scotland in 1851. James was born in 1821.

He married Mary or Mary Rosa or Rose Mc Cain or Mc Cann who was born in 1852 in Madison Wi. Both her parents were born in Ireland. However, I am unable to get any further on either line.

Edward was my father's (Vincent Loomis)grandfater on his mother's side (Catherine Corley Loomis).

Any info on where in Ireland they came from would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks,

Lyn

Posted: 31 Oct 2011 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: CORLEY
I know my gg grandfather was Larkin Dawson "Cap" CORLEY, born in GA about 1821. I've been told his parents are believed to be Jeremiah and Charlotte SMITH CORLEY of GA, possibly Jones County. So far, I haven't found anyone with proof these are his parents. Is there anything about them in your book?

Posted: 9 Nov 2011 9:48PM GMT
my great grandfather was sherman corley. he lived outside of madisonville texas. My grandmother was ruby rose corley. My first name is corley. i have a few documents about where the corleys came frome

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 9:39PM GMT
Surnames: CORLEY
Did you find anything about Jeremiah and Charlotte Smith CORLEY in your book?

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Corley, Walker
Hi my name is Kelly Holland Vaughn and my grandfather was Benjamin Franklin Walker, Opal was his sister. I would love any information you have on the family. I just started researching the Walker/Corley side of my family and it was great to see your post. Let me know if you have any questions from this branch of the tree and I will help if I can. Ben is buried in the Biggs-Gridley Cemetery, Butte County, California along side of his wife, Carrie Catherine Christian Walker. I was born to his daughter, Barbara Mae Walker Holland. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kelly

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Corley Walker
Hi, I had another question for you, do you have any information on Ruby Lou Walker, daughter of James Edward Walker and Maude Corley?

Posted: 7 Apr 2012 11:41PM GMT
Surnames: Corley
Ginger95624 I am your relative, John Post. Can you contact me. I also have a book about the Corley's. The title is, "A Genealogy of Corley's". It was written by D. C. Corley. It just want to know if it is the same that I have. The book starts with Caniel Corley. My E-mail is post1760@sbcglobal.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic