Search for content in message boards

Hampton, Orville

Orville Hampton

Posted: 2 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Hampton
Jim,
Yes, I do have some information on your family in southern Iowa. It's getting late tonite, so I'll get back to you tomorrow. Please come down to> digginupbones@yahoo.com and leave your e-mail address so I can respond to you with greater detail. Thank you.

Carol

Hampton response

Jim Hampton (View posts)
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Hampton, Dobuzy, Roland
Carol,
My knowlage of the family of Hamptons seems to center around the Davis City Iowa area. The Orville that I am looking for is believed to be born in Davis City Iowa. His mothers first name is Mary, (according to my father and Uncle) and Her last name is Dobuzy. The "U" could be either an "A" or an "O". I have just began research on this branch so information is scarce right now. As I stated before, Orville was married to Mergie Roland.
By the way, thanks for getting back to me so soon. I've been looking for Orville for a while.

Orville Hampton

Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Sep 2001 11:24PM GMT
Where in Iowa were your Hamptons? I am researching Hamptons in this area, but there are so many I need a general location.

Carol

Hampton, Orville

Jim Hampton (View posts)
Edited: 14 Jul 2001 12:34AM GMT
Surnames: Hampton, Roland
I am Looking for my grandfather Orville (Also found spelling of Orvie) Hampton . Born 1905, unsure of birth location, died in 1981 in Iowa. He married Mergie (also found spelling of Mergia) Roland on October 25 1926. His mothers name is Mary Ballard?. (Unsure of Ballard as last name) Orville had 2 brothers, Mac and Frank. Any help would be appriciated.

Re: Hampton, Orville

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 4:54AM GMT
Orville Hampton was my grandfather (my mother's father,her name is Linda). He was born south of Davis City Iowa. He and my grandmother (Mergie, birth name Mergia Roland) are buried in New Salem Cemetary near Davis City. They lived in Des Moines several years,and moved back to Davis City around 1975. He was also known as Orvie. He died in 1980 and she dies in 1988. Orville's mother was Mary Hampton (Dobozy), and his father was Fred Hampton. His brother's names were Frank and Stephen (Mac). Mac live in the house they were all born in south of Davis City until his death in the 1980's. I spent most of my childhood around my granparents and can hopefully answer any questions you might have. My wife is currently working on the family tree and you should be able to access this info in the next few days. If Orville is your grandfather, then your father must either be Ronnie or Russell. That would make my mother your cousin. I know you posted your email several years ago, so I hope you get this reply. Please feel free to contact me at my email address if you would like to find out more information or discuss this further. Don Hasso-

Posted: 5 Aug 2009 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: HAMPTON
My paternal grandmother was the older sister of Fred Hampton, father of Orville. What info specifically are you looking for - Dobozy or Hampton?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 12:37AM GMT
Hey there,

Orville is my great grandfather. My grandfather Ron Hampton, does not remember our lineage beyond Orville's parents, Fred and Mary. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 5:15PM GMT
Surnames: hampton
sometimes the names get changed throuhh the years, my grandfather started out as orville hampton, but ended up as arvil s. hampton- his dad's name was bemjamin franklin hamptom. frances
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions