Search for content in message boards

Weigel's in Washington Co. OH

Weigel's in Washington Co. OH

Posted: 27 Jul 2002 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weigel, Gehrmann, Wunschell, Young
My maiden name is Weigel. I am a direct descendant of Jeremias Weigel born 1778, wife Margaretha Gehrmann born 1795. I would be interested in anything you have on record for this family and their ancestors and descendants.

Re: Weigel's in Washington Co. OH

Posted: 16 Oct 2008 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Weigel
Hi there,
I'm Shawn Wittman, and my great grand mother in Germany was Maria Weigel. She was married to Wilhelm Schnickmann. Then they had my grandma Waltraut Schnickmann, and her 2 brothers and sister. Her 3 siblings were old enough to go through WW2, but my grandma was a teenager in the middle of it. Than in 1946 she met Reuben Wittman and had my mom when she was 18 in 1947. Then at 20 she came to America. I wonder if we're distant relatives.? If you have any questions let me know.
Sincerely
Shawn Wittman

Posted: 21 Jan 2010 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Weigel, Wunschell, Rose, Gehrmann and others.,
I have recently posted my Weigel Line on ancestry.com. under WEIGEL20091221. It is listed as a public tree. If we connect would love to continue my Weigel Line. Please let me know. Ann (Weigel)Harris.

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 2:13AM GMT
Hi there,

I'm dying to find some of my German relatives. My grandmother from Germany, her mother was Maria Weigel, Just look at my family tree and you can see what her fathers name is I can't remember my great grandfathers name first name. That's because of my disability. my grandmother also had the brothers Ralph and Eric. Her fathers last name was Schnickmann. Her birth name was Waltraut Rosemaria Schnickmann. She also had a sister named Hildeguard. Just 2 years after WW2 my grandmother came to the USA with the American Soldier the knocked her up and she married. while in Germany. If you need anymore info I'll send you what I can.
Sincerely
Shawn Wittman

Posted: 29 Jan 2012 1:34AM GMT
Hi there,
I'm very sorry for not responding sooner. I shall ask my uncle to check out the public records in Germany, and see what he can about Weigel, and let you know what he comes up with. He's not a member of ancestry.com, but he really enjoys doing the research.
Sincerely
Shawn Wittman

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 12:02AM GMT
Thank. I will be anxiously awaiting anything he comes up with.
Ann Harris

Posted: 18 Aug 2013 3:10AM GMT
I assumed my uncle was working a while to look this up for us. But I got on the distant family members that I barely know, and they told me that he passed away. Then because of the damn medical research study I'm in I was called into the hospital a couple times for observation. I wish my tanta hildagard was still alive to talk to her about it. She was my grandma's sister, and her kids Waltraud (wally) and Irene. I have no idea where they're at. They all used to live in Seattle Washington., and then Wally and Irene and their kids moved out here to southern CA. to be with my grandma Waltraud, my mom, and I. One of my grandma's brothers was Eric Schnickmann. He died in WWll. he was training soldiers how to handle grenades. and one malfunctioned, and went off right next to his head. Please take care, and I'm sorry for spelling hildagard wrong. please take care. Shawn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic