Search for content in message boards

Alice King descendant of the Watt family.

Alice King descendant of the Watt family.

William Temple (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: King
I am trying to locate immediate descendants of Alice King (deceased) formerly of Holmlavoe House, Stromness, Orkney Isles, KW16 3AG. I have a great deal of research on several of her ancestors (Watt family), many of whom came to Canada during the nineteenth century.

Re: Alice King descendant of the Watt family.

Posted: 15 Feb 2009 6:32PM GMT
I knew Alice, but I don't have information on her descendants. I am, however, trying to learn more about her ancestors, especially William and Alexander Watt, for research I have been doing about their connections to the fur trade in the "Nor' Wast." I would be grateful if you are able to help with a few questions.

Patricia

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 12:48PM GMT
I too knew Alice, but have lost contact with her three daughters. I know little of her HBC ancestors other than their basic genealogical details, but have extensively researched her ggg grandfather William Watt 1730-1810. I am happy to answer questions, though I don't think this William had any HBC connections.

James Irvine

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 6:01PM GMT
Thanks for your message. I am trying to reconstruct Alice's genealogy, to see who actually married (William, Alexander) and what happened to other siblings. I know that James never returned to Orkney. Cheers, Patricia

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 12:12AM GMT
Hi I am a relative of Alice, she was my2nd.cousin and I am in touch with her daughters. By all means get in touch if you are still researching our tree. Warmest wishes

Posted: 9 Aug 2014 10:12PM GMT
ALICE WATT KING WAS MY AUNT ALEXANDER WAS HER FATHER ROBINA GREY WATT WAS HER MOTHER MARGARET MUIRHEAD WATT WAS A SISTER THE WATT LINE IS A BOOK FROM THE OIL COMPANIES AND THE HUDSONS BAY THE HONOURABLE HUDSONS BAY OF CANADA SHOWING DESENDENTS OF THE WATT LINE I BEING THE YOUNGEST OF THE BUNCH MENTIONED IN THIS BOOK PUBLISHED IN OR ABOUT 1977 ,,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic