Search for content in message boards

John Ogden and Harriet Parker

John Ogden and Harriet Parker

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ogden, Parker
Children were, Wyman Parker 1819, Harriet Marie Ogden, Edwin Ogden. I'm looking for info on John or Harriet; parents, siblings, places of birth.
Wyman Parker Ogden was born in April 1819 in Steuben County, NY. He is my 2nd great grandfather. I have census info indicating his father was born in New York state. We don't know where John R. Ogden died, or info on his parents. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: John Ogden and Harriet Parker

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Ogden, Rider, Parker
I can't give you any info on the people you are asking about, but my gggrandaunt was Mahitable Rider, who married Moses Ogden. I don't have dates for either of them, but Mahitable's siblings were born between 1792 and 1810, and the family lived in Steuben County, NY for a period of time, so I think there is likely a connection somewhere. I don't know much about the Ogdens, but I have names of Moses Ogden's ancestors - Joseph, Samuel, Samuel (1658-1715), Jonathan (1639-1732, b. in Hampshire, England and d. in Elizabethtown NJ), and John Ogden (1609-1682, b. and d. in the same places as Jonathan).
I hope you can confirm or eliminate a possible connection.

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 8:04PM GMT
Thank you so much! I've encountered Moses Ogden in my searches, but couldn't connect my John with him. Now I can hunt a little longer through Moses' parents. I have Photos of a cowbell forged by my John that was handed down, but that's all I have. His son (my Great Great Grandad) said on two different census reports his parents were "not foreign born" and one said born in New York for his father.

I'm on the hunt again!
Nancy

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: Rider, Ogden, Parker
Great! Please let me know what you find out - especially if you find Mahitable Rider.

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 4:33AM GMT
Surnames: Ogden, Rider
David -- I just came across a page in the "History of Steuben County" with a picture and quite a bit of information about Lorenzo Rider who had a daughter that married Moses Ogden in Steuben County, NY. It was a free download in PDF format. Then you can go to the Edit button, "Find" and search the name Rider (I was looking for Ogden, of course) and it will take you to the page. It's a scanned copy of the book and the real page is #172, but it might take some looking as it appears to be page 220 up at the PDF window as it counts the pages. It's really interesting and didn't help me, but it might help you with the Riders you're looking for. If I can help you get to it, just let me know. I'll be away for a few weeks, but if I have a message from you, I'll respond in the next few days or at the end of September - ninapina3@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic