Search for content in message boards

Lookup Request-Funeral Notice-Carl Wesley Fritz, Arkport, NY

Lookup Request-Funeral Notice-Carl Wesley Fritz, Arkport, NY

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for newspaper article on burial of Carl Wesley Fritz, killed in Action (WWI)in France in 1918. Body finally identified and returned to Arkport, New York on 9/2/1921. Article would probably have appeared in Hornell or Prattsburg newsspaper. Hope someone out there might take the time to research this for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: Lookup Request-Funeral Notice-Carl Wesley Fritz, Arkport, NY

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 12:09PM GMT
Hi,

I found three newspapers on fultonhistory.com that listed Carl W Fritz as DA (died of accident or other causes) in 1919. The Corning 'Evening Leader' of July 10, 1919 says "Mr. and Mrs. G. W. Fritz of the town of Wheeler, have just received word of the death of their son Carl Fritz overseas. No particulars were given."

I couldn't find anything about him in 1922. There are several articles about Carl Fritz, jr. in later years.

Ron Larsen

Re: Lookup Request-Funeral Notice-Carl Wesley Fritz, Arkport, NY

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:45PM GMT
Thanks for checking for me. I appreciate it very much. It was two years before the army could inform the family, Carl's death date, how he died and where he was buried.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions