Search for content in message boards

Charles K Cody and Mary Fulford of Steuben Co., NY

Charles K Cody and Mary Fulford of Steuben Co., NY

Posted: 5 Dec 2012 2:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for further info on Charles K Cody born Oct 1860 in PA. He married Mary Ann Fulford (b. 1872 in Steuben Co., NY) abt Apr 1889 in Steuben Co., NY. All of his 10 children were born in Steuben Co., NY. His parents I belive were Levi William Cody and Sara Colburn.

Certainly appreciate any help. I am totally stuck on this line.

Thank you.
Ed

Re: Charles K Cody and Mary Fulford of Steuben Co., NY

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:17AM GMT
Hi

1860 census shows a Levi Codey Born 1834 and wife Sarah born 1837 with 2 sons
Frank born abt 1857 and Frederick born abt 1858, they are living in Summit,Potter, PA.
I was not able to definitely locate Charles but there possibilites.
They are living with other families so something happened to Levi & Sarah between 1860-1870.
1850 Levi Cody is living in Allegany County (which is right next to Steuben County) he is 16 living with another family, with him is a Harriet Cody who is 19. Everything I seen on Charles says he was born in New York, except for his Find a Grave notation that says he was born in PA.

If you go to OLDFULTONNEWSPAPERS and enter any of the family names you will come acroos many artilces in the Corning newpaper. There is an Obit for Mary Fulford Cody and one for her father george.

If I come across anything else I will pass it along to you.I can do a search in 1865 census for Steuben County.

Judy

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: CODY, TUBBS, MORSE, TEED, GROVES, FOSTER, BOYCE
Hi Judy. Thanks so much for the info although I did have some of it. Yes, Charles' parents just disappeared. Sure would like to know what happened. If you have time and it is not too much trouble, the 1865 census of Steuben might tell us something. I don't have access to that.
There is also a Chester Howard Cody born 10 Jun 1863 in Hornell who is a brother of my Charles. He married Sarah Travis abt 1882. That is all I know of him.

The OLDFULTONNEWSPAPERS was very very helpful. In fact I even found some other clippings on other relations. Thanks so much.

Really appreciate your help. Very kind of you.
Have a great day,
Ed

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 9:33PM GMT
Im not sure if this is the same Cody or not: My wife's Mother is a Cody --She is Opal and married Harold Perkins.. Her Father was Howard Cody but when he moved to Texas back in the 1900's he changed his name to Charlie. we are not sure if this was his middle name or not:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions