Search for content in message boards

St. Croix

Your post...

Cha-Ron Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
So what is your request reguarding your post ?

St. Croix

Steve Mordecai (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Behagan
My grandmother mentioned her aunt, Sophia Behagan, who was from St. Croix. She lived with her for several years and died in San Francisco in the early 1900's.

Behegan

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Behegan

The family shows up in the historic records that are on this website, there were still Behegans living there in 1989 and may still be there now. Cedie Nelthropp mentioned that there was a Behegan he played cards with regularly in the 50s.

behagen

Steve Mordecai (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Behagen, Tristani
Had trouble with your last e-mail. I sent a message to Bucaneer perhaps they will respond. I was in contact with one Gloria Tristani who is with some Federal Commission or something. Anyway I wanted to know if we were related. She said her grandfather was Jorge Tristani and her great grandfather Felix. You mentioned a Jorge Tristani in connection with St. Croix. That's too much of a coincidence. Sophie Behagen and my grandmother Maria Teresa Tristani and Jorge Tristani are all tied together somehow. If you could put me in contact with the Behagen's of St. Croix we might solve the mystery.

Behagen

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Behagen

Call the V. I . Rum Distillery in St Croix and ask for Mr. Hardy Nelthropp. There are no Behagens currently lsted but there was one living there about nine years ago. There were more members back before then in the fifties. Cedie Nelthropp mentioned Behagen in a conversation I remember but he is a little harder to reach. Jorge Tristani that I knew in NY was closely related to the Serrailles (Don Q) family.

searching for my roots

Aimee Griles (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: GRILES
i'm looking for any info on any and all GRILES who ever lived on st.croix or any other islands in the carribean or abroad.

my family lives in frederiksted, st.croix and my paternal grandfather is Isidore A. Griles Sr. and my father is Isidore A. Griles Jr. bka "I.G" aka "tall-boy"

do u know of anyone who would know?

Isidor Griles

Tony Quinton (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Griles, Quinton
My Father James Quinton was born in St.Croix and on my Grandmothers side (Gaskin, Lindsay) I am related to the Griles one of the Griles married a Lindsay. I know Isodor Sr. and his children (Sonya, MaryAnn, ) I also know Victor and Mrs Ivan Richardson. In Fact there was a family get together several years ago to celebrate Ivan and Doris (Griles) Richardson 50th wedding anniversity. The national Archives also has a recorded census of all the people living in St. Croix in 1919 of which Isidor is listed along with his parents and brothers and sisters. If you would like for me to give you that information send me a note. tonyq@us.ibm.com.

BEHAGEN

Posted: 23 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2001 12:40AM GMT
I also have BEHAGEN ancestors. My earliest identified BEHAGEN ancestor is Mary BEHAGEN, later Meyer, born ca 1817 in St. Croix. Her mother was Rose JOSEPH, born in the 1780's in St. Croix. Rose's other children were: Ann, Elizabeth, Juliana and George BEHAGEN. I do not know the father's given name.

I came across 2 listings in the Caribbean International Genealogical Index (IGI) at the LDS Family History Center for individuals who may be related to you.

1. a marriage between a Charles BEHAGEN and Ann E. SMITH in St. Croix in 1862, no month or date given; and

2. the birth of a Sophia BEHAGEN in St. Croix in 1863 to Charles and Ann E. BEHAGEN, no month or date given.

What was your grandmother's maiden name? Was it MARX? If so, I may have some other info which may be of interest to you.

If you'd like copies of this info, please e-mail me with your mailing address and I will send it to you. Hope this helps.
Posted: 6 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:28PM GMT
My great uncle Clifford Malcolm Smothergill was baptized at
St. John's Anglican Church, Christiansted, in 1893. The
record shows that two of his godparents were Mr. and Mrs.
Behagen.
Posted: 21 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2002 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: Behagen, Tristani, Maduro
I found that my grandmother, Maria Tristani Mordecai, whose "aunt" was, Sophia Behagen of St. Croix, mother was Matilde Maduro. Then I noticed that on Sophia's death notice over her mother's name Ann E. Smith, someone had written Madera? So I'm guessing that Ann had been married previously and that her maiden name was Maduro and that is how Sophia was related to Maria.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions