Search for content in message boards

PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY Family

PEVY/PEAVY/PEEVY Family

J. J. Goss (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pevy, Peavy, Peevy, Peavey, Johnston, Macritie, McCreaty, Wall, Jordan
Searching for information on Michael and Hetty PEVY who lived in "Coosa District", Coosa County, at time of the 1850 census. There are 2 sons and 4 daughters on the census. The family moved to Coosa Co. sometime after 1836 as sons were born in Butler Co. Michael was born ca. 1800 in GA, and Hetty (maybe Macritie, or McCreaty?) was born ca. 1810 also in GA. Their children are: Walter Francis, b. 1833, married Martha Ann WALL in 1858; Julia Ann, b. 1835; Andrew Jackson, b. 28 Jun 1836, married Sarah Ann JOHNSTON in Wetumpka on 27 Jun 1861; Lydia, b. 1842; Amanda Catherine, b. 1844, married John JORDAN; and Missoura, b. 1847. Nothing more is known of Julia, Lydia, or Missoura, or whether more children were born after 1850. Walter and Andrew Jackson (Jack) moved their families to LA in 1866 after serving in the CSA. Jack was in Co. A., 53rd AL Cavalry, "Partisan Rangers". Walter settled in Webster Parish and Jack in Jackson Parish, LA. Amanda & her husband are buried in Red Hill, now Elmore Co, AL. Jack and Ann Pevy/Peevy were parents of 10 children, my grandfather being the 5th. He was Milton Bailey Pevy/Peevy, b. 26 Jan 1872 in Jackson Par., LA. Jack, Ann, and their children & spouses are all buried in Jackson Parish, LA. Am interested in any facts on when and where Michael and Hetty died, and are buried. Where in GA were they born, and were they married in GA or AL? Does anyone know names of their parents or siblings? Would like to know exactly where in Coosa Co. they lived. Would also like to hear from Jack's siblings' descendants, and know the married names of his sisters. Any bit of information on this family would be most welcome. Thanks for your interest & attention. Jago6074@aol.com

Peavys

Katherine Turnipseed (View posts)
Posted: 5 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mary Vesta Peavy, Samuel Marshall Peavy
If anyone has any information on these two people please email me. this family comes from Montgomery, elmore, prattville area of Alabama.

Pevy Jordan marriage

Margaret Jordan Lawless (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Amanda Pevy, John C Jordan
Am a great great niece of John Calvin Jordan of Elmore Co. who married Amandy Pevy of Coosa Co. AL John Calvin was brother to my great grandfather, Abner Ward Jordan, who is also buried at Red Hill, Watson's Chapel Cemetery, in Elmore Co. Their father, John L. Jordan, gave land for the cemetery. Have extensive Jordan information going back to Greensville Co., Virginia if anyone is interested.

Margaret Jordan Lawless

Peavy Connection

Susan Register Collier (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Lee
This is a paragraph from the book, (which I have been unable to locate, and only have a much photocopied-copy!) "McKenzie People" published by the Alabama Historical Trust in 1983. "Asa (b. 1823) and his wife Epsy (1820) Peevy were a young couple that came from South Carolina to Montgomery and later to South Butler (County). They were parents of William and Brinkley who were both in the Civil War, Elizabeth (1844), Prudence (1846) who married Wesley Lee, Charles Thomas (1850), Jesse Mils Peevy (1852), Mary R.S. ('Beenie') who married Bob lee. Beenie was born in 1860. The sons had children also called Brinkley, Tom and Epsy as well as Asa. Laven Sylvester "Tug" Peevy who is the father of Curtis Peevy was born in 1856 and is a grandson of Asa and Epsy. Lon and Frank Peevy are sons of Tom" --from oral comments unconfirmed-- There are other reasons I believe your line might have partially moved over into Butler County,Alabama..one is that I faintly remember some talk about an *Aunt Vestia*/ or Vestie..may be another person but the name is an unusual one. Her last name was Lee.
Here is the paragraph on James Madison Lee: "James Madison Lee was the oldest son of Greenberry Lee and was killed in the Civil War. Called Jim, he was born in 1828 and married Eliza Hartley. They were parents of three sons that grew to adulthood as orphans. Minnie Lee remembers a story about the boys' mother, Eliza, having died of fever and the young boys were at the graveside to bury their mother, when a Confederate courier rode up to inform the family that James Madison had been killed. The boys, Jim, Al, and Bob were to be raised by various relatives. Son Jim, Christened James Kenyard, became a farmer and married California Heneritta Bennett and they reared a large family. Al, named Alfred Yancy, married Winnie Ella (*Ett*) Mitchell. Bob, christened Robert, was born in 1858, and married Mrs Mary R.S. (*Beenie*) PEEVY and following her death, Ada Wiggins. Bob died in 1921 after operating the first store in the McKenzie area for a number of years"-- Another 'unconfirmed paragraph' about the Peevy connections is this: "Jesse Mils Peevy. Jesse married the daughter of Eli Lee and they had a son, named Asa Eli who was called "Cap" Peevy. Following the death of Rebecca, Jesse married Lucinda Catherine who was the daughter of William Lunsford Lee. They were the parents of Miriam Jackson "Peeve" Lee's wife, Alice; Rebecca E. who married Osker C. Carbin; Clara who married Zack Showels; Nettie who married a Lord; and Dewey who married Lillie Lord. " (from comments but unconfirmed).
There are some more mentions, but I won't list them here. Please let me know if you are interested? *Anyhow*, Butler County does have a nice Historical and Genealogical Society, with quarterly *newsletters*. (P.O. Box 561, Greenville, AL 36037)in the April-July quarterly there are full page listings of 'searchers'. If you will contact me, I will give you what other information I have. Suz

Peavy/Pevy family

Leon Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Pevy, Murphy, Akin
Hello,

My grandfather was Hubert Peavy (married twice), first to Lillian Bee Akin and 2nd to Roxie Modell Kelly.

His father was Allen E. Peavy who married Beatrice West.

The parents of Allen E. Peavy were Abram Peavy and Sarah Louvenia "Sallie" Murphy. Abram and Sarah show up on the 1850 Bienville Parish, Louisiana census with ages of 20 and 17 respectively, occupation Farmer, unable to read or write, surname spelled "Pevy".

I have been told that Abram was born in Alabama but have been unable to confirm or deny this information at this time.

Any help on verifying the birth place of Abram Peavy (Pevy) would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Leon Hudson

Pevy, Peevy, Peavy, Johnston, McCreighty, Macritie Families

J J Goss (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PEVY, PEEVY, PEAVY, PEAVEY, PEVEY, JOHNSTON, MACRITIE, McCREIGHTY, McCREIGHT
PLEASE NOTE: I have a new e-mail address. I am still researching any of these families, all married into the PEVY family (any spelling), in Coosa, or Butler, Elmore, Autauga areas. Have yet to locate burial site for parents--Michael and Hetty PEVY--or record of their marriage in the early 1830's. Other families in this vicinity who married the PEVY daughters were JORDAN, HOLLEY, and INGRAM. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! J J Goss

Peavy

Dr. Tess Peavy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peavy
I had a great aunt, I only knew her as aunt Pet, who died 10-15 years ago. She devoted her last 20 years of her life to geneology research of her (my) family. She was a member of the DAR and had very extensive information on Peavy's throughout the South including Coosa County.

She published a book on it that was not very widely distributed. I could probably get a copy of it if you are interested.

grandfather

Lois(Peavey)Day (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peavey, Perry, Borba, Gomez
My Grandfather was Roy C.Peavey,married to Mary Perry Borba
I did not know My Grandfather,nor of any history to Our Family history.
If You have any info Please contact Me.

Grandfather

Lois(Peavey)Mondello Day (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Peavey, Perry, Borba, Gomez
I am Lois F.(Peavey)married to Tony A.Mondello,divorced,Two Daughters,Christine,Toni-Lee.
Remarried to Walter A.Day,reside in Vinalhaven,Me.
My Father was Roy Barrington Peavey,born Sept.1,1917-Dec.9,1995.married to Mary E.(Sweet)7 Children.Roy B.Jr.
Deborah,Lois,Maryjane,Robert,Don,Nancy.
I read Your message and if i can of any help to You as You could be to Me on the Family history please contact Me.

Re: Peavy

Posted: 13 Oct 2001 2:59AM GMT
that would be great help
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions