Search for content in message boards

Silver Slipper Saloon, Silver City

Silver Slipper Saloon, Silver City

Burton Williams (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2005 12:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Researching an early souvenir plate of the Stoddard House.
Small plate says, "Stoddard House, Built 1870, Silver City".
On the reverse it is embossed, "Made for Silver Slipper".
Wondered if anyone familiar with Silver City history knows the history of the Silver Slipper Saloon? Is it still there? When did it close, etc., etc..
I would date the plate in the early century but not sure. Similiar small black glaze plates are usually German manufacture and date from 1890 - 1920. Thanks! Burton Williams in Boise.

Re: Silver Slipper Saloon, Silver City

Posted: 20 Aug 2010 4:36PM GMT
I had one of these plates also but I dropped it so it's in pieces. I know the current owners of the building that was the Silver Slipper. I don't remember the dates for the building but the owner of course does. They are usually good about sharing the history of their home to tourists. R

Posted: 10 May 2012 7:13AM GMT
Not sure if you still look at this site< I am the owner of the Silver Slipper Saloon in Silver City Id .
vern@highspeedservice.com

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 9:37PM GMT
I have been researching M wife's Family of silver city Her grand father and his brother either worked for or owned a bar and hotel in silver city. they were Adolf and John Brunzell.her Grand mother was Aleda Brunzell Lawson.Aleda was Daughter of Adolf and Selma Brunzell. I have heard it was the Idaho hotel. I have a picture of then posing at the bar. where was the Silver Slipper? Her aunt( Mamie )Mary Louise Blakeslee married James Joyce Swisher.Looking for any info on the Family.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:23PM GMT
It is across town from the hotel, It had no connection to any hotel owners. The current Idaho hotel owner has a lot of info on previous owners

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:45PM GMT
Am not sure about the Silver Slipper Saloon being the correct one, unless the Booneville's Hotel Saloon was named the Silver Slipper. For your reference, the following:
1887 July 2 - [The Idaho Avalanche newspaper, Silver City,Owyhee County, Idaho Territory, p. 3, c. 3]:
Advertisement: "Boonville Hotel and Saloon. Notice is hereby given that the undersigned have leased the Boonville Hotel and Saloon and are now prepared to furnish Board and Lodging to the traveling public. The best of Liquors & Cigars constantly kept on hand. Call and see us. A. F. Brunzell & Bro. (June 30, 1887.)"
Should you have a question, please feel free to contact me.
Liz

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 3:02PM GMT
That could have been Adolf Fredrick and John Brumzell,in 1887.About the time Adolf became a Citizen.According to Grand-mother Aleda Brunzell Lawson,said they lived in Silver in the 1890s.She was Born 1895 in silver,and their home was on the creek.I have heard of the silver Slipper Saloon.Thanks

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 3:15PM GMT
I have pictures of silver City,all taken from above. wish I could find some street views.have The 1892 picture, and one of the Brunzell Home.The Picture of the Saloon with Adolf and John Brunzell looks like the interior oh the Idaho hotel. Thanks for the Info.
Jesse

Posted: 8 Nov 2013 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Swisher, Blakeslee
I am a grandson of Mamie Louise and James Joyce Swisher and have a great deal of information about the family history of the Swishers. I also have some of the Blakeslee family tracked - and may have been in communication with you already. Are the Blakeslees of this family related to teh woman who was lost hiking near Arco at the Craters of the Moon?

Joe Kissane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions