Search for content in message boards

boudreaux

Xzvier Bourg

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Mar 2002 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: Bourg
There was an Xavier Bourg who was Sheriff of Terrebonne Parish, which Houma is the seat. I don't know the year, but we probably have a picture of Mr. Bourg in our office at the Terrebonne Sheriff's Office. I believe Mr. Bill Ellzey, a local journalist, well versed in the ancient activities of the courthouse, may have some information on him. Ellzey works for the Houma Courier, and his e-mail is ellzey@cajunnet.com. If you are local you can call me at the Sheriff's Office during normal working hours. The number is (504) 876-2500. Major Mike Elstner of my office may be able to help you, as he has been sort of keeping track of the Sheriff's of the past. Don't know why, most of them aren't going anywhere. Hope we can help you. Godfey J. Buquet.

boudreaux

Posted: 2 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:24PM GMT
Surnames: bourg, boudreaux
looking for info on louise boudreaux from terrebonne parish or lafouche parish born between 1890 and 1900 had 2 children that i know of.she married a cruise and settled in orange,texas. also looking for info on xavier bourg,he was at one time sheriff of houma, louisiana around 1910 or later. thanks

Francois Xavier Bourg

Posted: 5 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: BOURG
Francois Xavier Bourg (I've got an image of him if you're interested) followed his father as Clerk of Court for Terrebonne Parish. He was later the sheriff from 1924-1940.
F.X.'s father was Aubin Bourg. He was Houma's postmaster in 1853. He was a notary public, and served as assessor, clerk of court, and sheriff from 1855-1865. He was also a justice of the peace. He died in 1898.

F.X.'s brother Henry M. Bourg served as Houma's mayor 3 times. Another brother Aubin, Jr. worked as a pharmacist.

Aubin was the grandson of Francois Xavier Bourg, who came to Louisiana aboard the Archangel (see ship list at and you'll find the genealogy of Francois Xavier Bourg.

Tim

Bourg

Jean Strange (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Have you thought of checking the index of quartlies published by the Terrebonne Genealogical Society. They can be found on linehttp://www.rootsweb.com/~laterreb/tgsoff.htm If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Hope I helped a little. Jeannie

Re: Francois Xavier Bourg

Debi Joranco-Arellano (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2003 4:24AM GMT
Dear Tim,
I was browsing and saw this notice. Aubin was my gr-gr grandfather. My mother was born in Houma and remembers her gr-uncle F.X. Bourg. We have a picture that she thinks is him. Could you confirm the identification for me? I could e-mail it to you. Also would you happen to know of any pictures of Aubin in existance? I would love to have a copy of a picture of him. His son Charles Bourg was my gr-grandfather. His last living child is my gr-aunt Maris Bourg
AKA Sister Stephanie Bourg.
Thank-you,
Debi

Re: Francois Xavier Bourg

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 10:17PM GMT
looking for info on Xavier bourg, need history of Xavier before he became sheriff.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions