Search for content in message boards

death certificate for

death certificate for

Dick KELLUM (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas B Webb
My great grand father Thomas B. Webb HE WAS 39 living in Durham NC, Orange County with his family in the 1870 census His wife was Elizabeth MOORE Webb. In 1880 Elizabeth is in Onslow county with children William, EArnest and CHARLES [MY GRANDFATHER] It appears they parted company between 1870 and 1880 He kept Robert, Emma,and Lucy. He does not show up- in the 1880 census and there is no 1890 census. He does not show up in the 1900 census.??????????

Thanks

Re: death certificate for

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 4:25AM GMT
It appears he died around 1879 and is buried I think in Swansboro, N.C. My Grandfather (Ernest Thomas Webb) used to tell the tale that his Father (Thomas B. Webb)was born in and moved from New York City. He also said his Father(Thomas B.) was murdered on a train. The 1880 Census lists Elizabeth M. Webb as Widowed, so this story may be true. I cannot find his birth approx 1832 in NYC or Parents, but I think I found his location about 1850 in Wilmington, N.C. listed as a clerk for a tobacconist. The only thing after that is his marriage to Elizabeth Hart Moore in Onslow County (1856) and census (1870). If you find his parents please reply...Thanks..Ben Webb

Posted: 26 Jun 2012 4:14PM GMT
Ben, Thanks so much for your response.His wife is buried in my grandfathers plot in sboro town cementary,but he isnt had not heard the murder on the train story. Daughters Emma and Lucy are also buried there with their husbands

Where do you live we live in in sboro I Have family tree that includes you.. amd your kids.can fax if u like
Dick

Posted: 27 Jun 2012 4:23PM GMT
I live in Williamsburg, Va. right now, but plan to move back to Morehead City in the near future. My father (Milton) is deceased, but my mother (Elsie Willis Webb) is 94 and is in rest home in Morehead City. My Family Tree is shaping up on my Mother's side and shaping up on my Father's side, but only through Elizabeth Hart Moore. I have searched extensively for Thomas B. Webb Birth Records, Death Records, etc. He IS the mystery in our Family Trees, as I am sure you have found. There is a record mistake in the 1870 Durham Census, where someone listed everyone in household as Mulatto, but original record shows family above as Mulatto and Thomas B. Webb household as White with one Black household servant. I suspect this Polly Bowers in that household is a key to him, but nothing turns up. The mystery continues on Thomas B. Webb. Maybe he died and is buried in Durham? Or? I will contact you when I move back to Morehead.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic