Search for content in message boards

Riis Family in Ribe c1860s

Riis Family in Ribe c1860s

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 9:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Riis
To All:
I am looking for information relating to my Great-Grandmother, Fredrica Riis, born July 11th, 1862 who emmigrated to the United States in 1908 and passed away in Philadelphia in 1930. All of her U.S. documentation places her birth in Ribe, but I do not know how to procede further to find information on her life in Denmark.
Any help to tie her to her family in Ribe would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Riis Family in Ribe c1860s

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 11:09PM GMT
Hi

Is Riis her maiden anme or married name?

>born July 11th, 1862
>emmigrated to the United States in 1908

Then she must have married in Denmark -
what is her husbands name?

Any Children??

--------

Flemming Aasklint

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 1:10PM GMT
Fleming:

Riis was her maiden name, according to her death certificate her father's name was Frederick B.A. Riis, her mother's name was not listed. She married a man named Chiel (anglicised to Charles intermittently later in life) Mortensen sometime in the early early 1880s. Mortensen was a Norwegian who in various census records is sometimes listed as having been born in Germany. Family folklore says that his father worked for the Norwegian government in Germany, but there is no documentation to prove this.
Fredrica (also spelled Frederica and Fredrikka) had ten children. Her first three, Esther (unknown birthdate), Anna Isabel (my grandmother), Frederick were born in Norway. Esther in an unknown place, Anna in Hammerfest in 1884 and Frederick in Trondjen (Trondheim?) in 1887. Except for Esther, they were all in the US by the 1910 census living in Westchester County, NY.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

Garet

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 1:44PM GMT
>and Frederick in Trondjen (Trondheim?) in 1887

Is his full name Frederik Wilhelm Marcus??

--
Flemming Aasklint

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 2:01PM GMT
Hi

I have found Frederikke.
Send me an email at: aasklint@hotmail.com

I have some images of her baptizm and more.

--
Flemming Aasklint
per page

Find a board about a specific topic