Search for content in message boards

Eise Hanses PRONK abt. 1749

Eise Hanses PRONK abt. 1749

Posted: 23 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 8:18PM GMT
Surnames: PRONK, FREERKS, JANS, EIZES
Eise Hanses PRONK was born abt. 1749 in Ureterp. He was married to Gertje JANS. He died in Friesland. Eise's father was Hans FREERKS who was married to Ybeltje EIZES. Any information about these relatives would be appreciated. Thank you, Betty btd@billsbook.com

Re: Eise Hanses PRONK abt. 1749

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 3:49AM GMT
Surnames: Pronk
I'm looking for my father, grandmother and grandfather. I noticed you too are looking for Pronk's. My father was born in 1920 in Fulton co. New York. his name was Eugene Clarene Pronk. His parents died at a very young age. I found one census report where he was then living with his aunt Elizabeth Provat by the age of 9. His aunt must have been a Pronk and change her name when she married. ANY help with the Pronk family would be great. I am Euegene Pronk's only living daughter. He had one other daughter that died just a few months after being born. I would be so greatful if you could tell me anything of them. I have no names for either his father or mother. :(

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:17AM GMT
I think I may have found the answer...

US census 1930, Gloversville, Fulton, NY
Eugene F Provat, head, born NY, age 67
Elizabeth B Provat, wife, born NY, age 67
Eugene C Pronk, nephew, born NY, age 9

That suggests indeed that Eugene Pronk was the nephew of Eugene F Provost/Provat (not of Elizabeth, relation is always to the head of the household).

But then:
NY state census 1925, Gloversville Ward 04
Eugene Provost, head, age 62
Lizzie Provost, wife, age 63
Eugene Pronk, grandnephew, age 4

Grandnephew and not nephew, this makes more sense agewise.
A son of the niece or nephew of Eugene Provost.

US census 1920, Fulton, NY
Eugene F Provost, head, born NY, age 56
Lizzie B Provost, wife, born NY, age 56
in household:
Luella M Pronk, niece, born NY, age 19, married
Clarence J Pronk, nephew-in-law, born New Hampshire, age 33, married

So it is very likely (almost certain) that Clarence and Luella Pronk are the parents of Eugene Pronk!
They both must have died somewhere between 1920 and 1925.

Now as to Luelle M Pronk:
Her maiden name was Miller.

US census 1910, Gloversville ward 5, Fulton, NY
Eugene Prevost, head, age 47
Elizabeth Prevost, wife, age 47
Luella M Miller, niece, age 10

Using the census records (indexes and sometimes images available on familysearch) you can find your way back to the gg grandparents, etc.

Kind regards,
Marianne

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:17AM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2012 9:02AM GMT
Correction!

I stated before that both his parents died between 1920 and 1925. But in the 1940 census Eugene is living with his dad Clarence and his (second?) wife Maude.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/2442/m-t0627-02537-00175/262...
or
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-27834-2617-31?...

Kind regards,
Marianne

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 7:39PM GMT
Thanks for the information you have supplied, HOWEVER this is NOT my father. As I stated my father told me that BOTH of his parents died at a very early age. His mother died first and his father just a couple of years afterwards. I know for a fact he went and lived with his AUNT and as a small child. Then his AUNT died before he became of age so it left him with no family. My father joined the circus at the age of 13-15 years of age where he learned the art of being a magician. This art would be something he used his entire life. My father joined the military in his twenties. I have found there were a couple different male children named Eugene Pronk. My father was Eugene Clarence Pronk, born in Faulk Co. New York in 1920. Neither of his parents were born in the US but were from Holland. Thanks for trying to help.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:13PM GMT
Yes, I believe Lizzie was his aunt. I have something written in dad's handwritting that states Lizzie, Jake, John, Phillip and Bill Pronk came to America and settled in Hospers, Iowa. the way is reads it leads one to beleive they were all from Holland. They were all from Henry Pronk that came from Holland. He also states there is another clan of Pronks-not from the same blood line living in this general area.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:40PM GMT
It states in the 1930 cen sus your dad's parets were born in New Hampshire (father) and New York..On 1940 it says the same thing.........So you are saying both census records are in error ??

My father was Eugene Clarence Pronk, born in Faulk Co. New York in 1920. Neither of his parents were born in the US but were from Holland. Thanks for trying to help.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:47PM GMT
I'm just telling you what my father told me. He said they (his parents or grandparents- not sure) came here from Holland. I was also told by him we were to be of German decent.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 8:51PM GMT
You have a simple fix...........Get your fathers borth record of 4 Aug 1920 from NY.........That will have his father and mother and avoid Pronking around and going by what you heardd rather than what is available in records.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 9:03PM GMT
Yes, this is what I'm in the process of doing. I was told they may not be able to provide it for me thu since I don't know for certain either of his parents names. I do have an odd birth certificate but it only lists his name, date and county. Anyhow I will be sendings copy of this document off the the state of New York to see if the can find it. As I stated before I do believe Lizzie is his relation so I believe I will try looking that direction possibly in the future. I have a few other documents I will try to scan and upload as I can. Thanks again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions