Search for content in message boards

Ark/Okla Chaffin

Ark/Okla Chaffin

Johnny Wayne Chaffin (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 9:21PM GMT
My fathers name is Johnie Chaffin, And his fathers name was Fred Garland Chaffin. My fathers sisters name was Mertyle,Thier grandfathers name was Steve and believed from Ireland.Fred's bothers were Zed,Clayton,and (Nuge)not sure about real name. They are believed to all be born around Lead Hill,Ark. If anyone would like to exchange info. 501-291-4224

Chaffins

April (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2000 3:14PM GMT
Do you have a Mattie Ann Chaffin that married
J.T. Anglin? They were both married to other people before.
They both also had children from the other marrages. One of Mattie's children was John Chaffin.
He had a wife named Sally. They lived in Mangum Oklahoma. J.T. Anglin
died in Mangum Oklahoma. I don't know if Mattie, John and Sally died there too.
What Chaffins do you have in Oklahoma? Please email: battleborn@earthlink.com

Ark/Okla Chaffins

Diane (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 1:02AM GMT
I am also looking for info on Chaffins from Lead Hill, Arkansas.

I am looking for info on Jim Chaffin (I believe James M. Chaffin based on an 1882 land grant) married to Ann Casey. They had at least two children:

Melissa Ellen Chaffin (Rich) born March 03, 1889 in Lead Hill, Arkansas and
Floyd Chaffin.

I have been told that the children became orphans around 1892 and moved to Oklahoma to live with family.

I don't know if this helps you any, but if you or anyone has any information let me know.

ark and ok. Chaffins

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 12:13AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 11:23PM GMT
Diane,I have Chaffins that lived in Marion Co.Ar.,and burials in Keesee and Lead Hill
cemeteries. Do you have Louise Chaffin that m
B.F.(rank) Green ca. 1884-5 had a dau. b.1885 named Minnie,Louise d 1886 her parents were "Jet" Chaffin and Rebecca Hudson Chaffin.
"Jet" might be a nickname. I have lots of info. to share . e-mails are welcome.

james m. chaffin

Posted: 29 Sep 2000 10:07PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2004 1:38AM GMT
diane,check out the chaffin name on world
connect at rootsweb.i found a james m.
chaffin in my family history.he was
originaly from va. and moved to ark.it
listed his wife as mary a. but also
stated she was his second wife.anyway
the dates are close.hope this helps,
stephanie

Minnie Chaffin

Torrei (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2000 1:01PM GMT
Is your Minnie Chaffin the daughter of Mahala Collier and William Maxcy?

Louise Chaffin

Posted: 14 Oct 2000 10:29PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 11:23PM GMT
Torri,no. Louise Chaffin was dau. of "Jet" and Rebecca Hudson Chaffin, born 1867, married Frank Green about 1884, they had one dau. Minnie Green born 1885 marion co. Ar.Louise died 1886 Marion co. Ar. bur. in Keesee cemetry. If anyone has info. on this family, let's exchange, I have lots to share and a few blanks I want to fill. my e-mail lltwinn@aol.com

CHAFFIN, Melissa Ellen

Posted: 8 Jan 2001 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 7:49PM GMT
Seeking info on the family of Melissa Ellen CHAFFIN, parents Jim CHAFFIN and Ann CASEY, of Lead Hill, Boone Co., AR. She had several siblings: Carolyn, Martha, John, Willie, Floyd and Mary, who died in childbirth. Any help appreciated.

Chaffin's

Shannie Chaffin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 8:05PM GMT
I have information on some of the Chaffin's you mentioned after they came to Oklahoma. I would like to know what all you have and will share what I have.
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 7:01PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 7:49PM GMT
Shannie: I was doing to genealogical random act of kindness for a couple that live in Tulsa. If you would contact me with your address/phone number, I will relay it to the people for whom I was doing the research. They are not on the internet.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions