Search for content in message boards

Farnan's in Pennsylvania

Farnan's in Pennsylvania

Posted: 3 Dec 2001 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2002 6:38PM GMT
Surnames: Farnan
Is there anyone out there who is descended from any Farnans who settled in the Pittsburg area in the late 1890's family split leaving Ireland some moved to Northumberland England rest carried on to USA. My Great Grandmother was called Rose Anne her father was Michael her mother died giving birth to her any help would be most gratefully received.

Re: Farnan's in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Posted: 15 Jan 2004 12:53AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2004 11:34PM GMT
"Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sun. Jan. 11, 2004 Obits
Farnan Martha F. (Fitzgerald)
Age 88, of Mt. Lebanon on Fri. Jan. 9, 2004; beloved wife of the late John F. Farnon; loving mother of James (Mary) Farnan, David (Lisa) Farnan, Marianne (Russ) DeVito, & Thomas Farnan, grandmother...sister of ...
(view full obit) post-gazette.com
Please add a tribute at www.woodrufffamilyservices.com
Probably could find John at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~njm1/tombs.htm
maybe help at http://www.wpgs.org/index.cfm
not my family. Several areas have their own history/genealogy books-maybe Mt. Lebanon does.

Re: Farnan's in Pennsylvania

Posted: 9 Oct 2004 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2006 9:25PM GMT
Hello Mel,
I'm doing research on some Farnans from McKeesport and Pittsburgh. The family I've been looking at is that of Thomas Farnan, who was born in Ireland around 1853. He married Bridget Kelley and had several children. He died in McKeesport in 1904. If you have any info on this family, please let me know and we can compare notes. Thanks.

Steve (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2004 7:19PM GMT
Just browsing the Farnan name when I came across your posting. I am the grandson of Joseph Farnan who died here in McKeesport in 1973. I know next to nothing about the local Farnan history and genealogy and had just begun to do research.

Posted: 6 Oct 2005 4:00AM GMT
Hi, my uncle was Joseph T. Farnan and Died in March of 1973. Joey's sister was my mother Linda Ann Farnan and he also had another brother and sister. Thomas J. Farnan and Ellen Farnan. My grand-father was Thomas Farnan and grand-mother Linda (Ord) Farnan. I am not sure if it is the same Joseph Farnan but maybe we could share some info.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 4:41PM GMT
Hi,

Our Farnan's lived in the eastern part of Pennsylvania.
But, Geneaology Bank (I many have spelled it wrong) has
some interesting newspaper articles about that branch of the family.

Posted: 19 May 2013 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 May 2013 8:53PM GMT
I know it was sometime ago that this was posted but Im interested in your post regs Thomas Farnan, I believe I may have the family in Kilkenny Ireland, its possible his father name Nicholas born 1809-1888 in Kilkenny.

Mother Bridget 1804-1884.

(Ballyraggert Castlecomer district)
Children.

John, d-o-b 1854-1934

Nicholas, d.o.b 1861-1931

Mary died aged 24

Kate died aged 15

anyone interested in this family I have other details available and several brith/marriage/death certs for family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic