Search for content in message boards

Ancestors of Samuel Farwell of Marblehead

Ancestors of Samuel Farwell of Marblehead

Posted: 18 Sep 2002 4:49PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: FARWELL
Cross your fingers, all descendents.
I think I have located the hometown and parish of Samuel Farwell of Marblehead in England. At least, I found probate records of an Absalom Farwell with sons Samuel and John in Poole, Dorset, England in the early 1700s. There are Fosters there as well.
The vital/church records are not easy to access, however. They are in the Dorset Public Records Office in Dorset. So if anyone is near there or going there, be sure to do lookups. I'm going after I save the money to go.
I can't read all of the wills because some of the handwriting is chicken scratch, but I am going to ask for help at the Family History Library.
Big breakthrough if it is correct! Francha

Re: Ancestors of Samuel Farwell of Marblehead

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farwell
Hello,

My name is Angela (Farwell) Eichenberger Stuck, and I have just started my search into the Farwell family. I know my lineage is traced back to Samuel Farwell of Marblehead, MA who was married to Mary Foster. My branch is that of Samuel and Mary's son - John Farwell born 1739 or 1740 in England.

Do you have any new information on the Farwells in England?

Sincerely,

Angela
Ayeich@aol.com

Re: Ancestors of Samuel Farwell of Marblehead

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm going to Great Britain this summer & want to look up ancestors. Did John Farwell(1739-1820) marry Sarah Pickett
(1759-1807) & have 7 children, oldest Samuel Farwell II(1769-1839)? Samuel Farwell II 's daughter, Eunice Samantha
Farwell(1836-1888) married Eli Cox(1832-1896) & they were my paternal great grandparents. In my notes, it says John moved to Packersfield, N.H. in 1772 & had 2 brothers, Absalom & Richard.
Best regards,
Jan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions