Search for content in message boards

Valentine, Edward & Katherine Guinan

Valentine, Edward & Katherine Guinan

Posted: 1 Nov 2009 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 May 2011 5:16PM GMT
Surnames: Guinan, Loerch, Stephenson, Golgan
Hi,

I am looking for relatives Valentine, Edward & Katherine Guinan. They are all from Shannon Harbour, Co Offaly (Kings County) Ireland. There are other brothers and sisters. Some stayed in Ireland and others may also have gone to the US.

Val was born around 1881 married Johanna (Hanna) Golgan and went to New York in 1902, I believe he was around Brooklyn. They had 2 children (at least) John and Anna and I believe that Anna married Edward Loerch. John was born in New York and Anna in Shannon Harbour.

Edward Guinan was born around 1892 and went to New York in 1915. I don't believe he married.

Kitty Guinan was born around 1894 and married Bill Stephenson. I'm not sure when she went to the US.

Thanks,

John

john guinan b. 12-25-35 Kings Cty.

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Guinan
Arrived in Boston MA 12-1-1852
Naturalized 10-3-1873 USCC Boston Cert #73-68

Re: Valentine, Edward & Katherine Guinan

Posted: 4 Jan 2011 1:10PM GMT
Surnames: Guinan
Good afternoon

The Guinan family still reside in Shannon Harbour and run a pub in the village.I am the grandniece of Edward, Val and Kitty. My mother was born in 1917 and was the daughter of their oldest sister Bridget.I believe they did return to Ireland on visits and I have memories of them dying in the New York area in the 60/70`S when I was a child. My mother is deceased and never really spoke to much about them or knoew about them as they had left Ireland prior to her birth.The 1901 and 1911 Irish census is now on line and should help you in your research.Regards

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 10:19PM GMT
Dear Katherine,
Before I begin, my Father's sisters' name is as yours, as well as my Great Grandfathers' wife. My name, obviously is Shannon M. Guinan. I have friended many people from where you are from---I can not begin to tell you how much I desire to come to Ireland...I bleed for it! Some already mistaken my accent as being from Ireland, if only that was true, I come from Mt.Carmel, Pa. USA===coal country, which is grand in itself, we do have our own way of speaking, and from my interest in the country itself....my coal region twang comes out as if I am speaking Irish!
Anyway- I am sure down the way, you and I share the same blood as I already know most of my relatives, the tree, etc.
If you would let me know what I can do to make things alot easier to sort it faster, don't pause!!!
(what I wouldn't do to be there!) Someday!
Sincerely,
Shannon

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 10:19PM GMT
Dear Katherine,
Before I begin, my Father's sisters' name is as yours, as well as my Great Grandfathers' wife. My name, obviously is Shannon M. Guinan. I have friended many people from where you are from---I can not begin to tell you how much I desire to come to Ireland...I bleed for it! Some already mistaken my accent as being from Ireland, if only that was true, I come from Mt.Carmel, Pa. USA===coal country, which is grand in itself, we do have our own way of speaking, and from my interest in the country itself....my coal region twang comes out as if I am speaking Irish!
Anyway- I am sure down the way, you and I share the same blood as I already know most of my relatives, the tree, etc.
If you would let me know what I can do to make things alot easier to sort it faster, don't pause!!!
(what I wouldn't do to be there!) Someday!
Sincerely,
Shannon

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 11:40AM GMT
John

Just checking to see if you read the post last year and if you need any further help on tracing the Guinan family of Shannon Harbour?

Regards

Posted: 4 Feb 2012 3:26PM GMT
Edward married Anna on the 7th June 1931, I have found this info in Brooklyn Geneology.They both lived in Maspeth, Anna on 73rd st and Edward on Cox Place. Anna would have been my mothers first cousin.

Posted: 16 May 2014 4:20AM GMT
Edward would be my great grandfather. His son, also Edward, with Anna was my grandfather. He died long before I was born, so I have no real information about the Guinan, Golgan, or Loerch side. If anyone has any further information, please email me at AConnollyyy@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions