Search for content in message boards

Christopher Mattox

Christopher Mattox

Betty Mattix Dietsch (View posts)
Posted: 20 Mar 2000 1:15PM GMT
I am descended from Jacob, Christopher and Christina's 6th son (1805-1862). Jacob was a brother of Isaiah and half brother of Sally. Have extensive info on our line.

Christopher's children

Posted: 28 Mar 2000 6:17AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 1:03PM GMT
Could you send me the names of his children...you mentiooned . Any dates you have also.
My family descendednn from a Chistopher in KY

Christopher M.

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 6:32AM GMT
It sounds as if we are related. Christopher Maddox was born in 1763 in Bourbon, Ky. Please contact me at . I have detailed info on Chris and his wife Christina Hines. They are buried just 10 miles from my home.

Christopher Mattix/ox

Patty (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 4:10PM GMT

Christopher 1763

Posted: 3 Apr 2000 8:12AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 1:03PM GMT
Please send me the location of his cemetery so I can stop the next time we go that way.

Christopher and Christina Mattox

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2005 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: Mattox, Patterson
Christopher and Christina Mattox had 10 children. (Sally was the daughter of his first wife, Mary Patterson, who died.) I will be glad to send this information to anyone who contacts me at bettyinmar@earthlink.net

Chris. Christina's burial place

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 3:58PM GMT
Betty M Seymour please contact me at bettyinmar@earthlink.net. How are we related?
Christopher and Christina:
In 1832 Christopher Mattox died at age 69. Two years later on June 26, 1834, Christina died at age 59. B oth are buried in the far northwest corner of Wyatt Cemetery at the extreme back, along with other early settlers. The cemetery is located in a lovely grove of trees on the bank of the Olentangy River. Quiet reigns and insects sing in this serene spot. (Take a bottle of repellent!)

This historical cemetery is isolated, but well-kept, a spot well worth visiting
To find Wyatt cemetery, turn east on Route 229 at the stoplight , just south of Waldo, Ohio. Go only one block (until the first side road). Turn left (north). This little road winds around and runs parallel with Route 23. Continue about a mile until you see the sign “Fort Morrow” on the left side of the road. Then turn right at the next mailbox on a post and go down the lane. Soon you will see a small white sign on the left, giving cemetery hours. Drive past the house and continue on. Turn left at the curve in the lane and you will soon see the cemetery on the left. A flag flies on the flag pole, marking this historical spot.

children of John Catherine Smith Mattix

Lois White (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 9:47AM GMT
Have brothers and sisters of Christopher taken from the Rush County, Indiana census.
e mail loislhc@interworldnet.net

Christopher Mattox 1763

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Apr 2005 4:31AM GMT
Surnames: Mattox
I would be interested in your information. We are descended through a Christopher Mattox who came from Wales about 1789.; his son Tobias (1791-1866
0; his son Josiah W. Mattox (1832-1908); his son Tobias Whitaker Mattox (1861-1906); His son Elmer E. Mattox ((1888-1963)

Re: Christopher Mattox

Posted: 23 Apr 2005 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 23 Apr 2005 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Mattox, Patterson, Hines
Name: Maddox, Christopher
Spouse: Patterson, Mary
Date of Marriage: 31 October 1782
Place of Marriage: Bourbon County, Kentucky
Source: Marriage Records: Kentucky to 1850 at Ancestry.com
http://library.ancestry.com/earnKy.htm

See also Early American Marriages: Atlantic South:

"Maddox, Christopher married Patterson, Mary, on
31 Oct 1782 in Bourbon County, Kentucky"

Source; Green, Karen Maurer. "Genealogical and Historical Abstracts." The Kentucky Gazette 1787-1800, Baltimore, Gateway Press, Inc.,1983, Page 70:

"Christopher Mattocks, 4 April 1793, says that his wife, Mary, ran off with William Gibson, and he won't pay her bills anymore."

Published in Kentucky Gazette, Volume VI, No. XXIX, 6 April 1793.

====================

Source: MARRIAGE RECORDS OF BOURBON COUNTY KENTUCKY 1786-1800, Pages 65 and 74

Christine Hines and Christopher Mattock married on
March 7, 1797, in Bourbon County, Kentucky.

===================

Source: 1830 United States Federal Census

Christr. Maddox, Age 50-59, Marlborough Township, Delaware County, Ohio, Page 90
[Online Image #5 of 6 at Ancestry.Com]
per page

Find a board about a specific topic