Search for content in message boards

Sykes in Grenada ,MS

Sykes in Grenada ,MS

eugene sykes (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 12:57AM GMT
At nearly 50, I was finally told that my father was named Eugene F Sykes, from Grenada
Mississippi. Love to hear from any relatives
from or in Grenada area

Sykes in Ms.

Posted: 15 May 2000 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2003 3:18AM GMT
I have many Skyes family member in the Grenda, Ms area... My grandmother was Mary Landis Sykes Champion... Maybe we can help eachother

Sykes in Ms.

Posted: 15 May 2000 7:23PM GMT
I just talked to my dad about your Sykes name. He said that he believes that Eugene was his grandfathers first cousin... I think that I know how you could get alot of information on the Skyes family in Ms. if you are still interested please e-mail me at
Shawnb@cswnet.com The name that you could start with is Tom Sykes who married Lillie Pearl Smith Sykes... this is my Great grandparents... Hope to hear from you soon

locating father relatives

Mamie sykes Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 2000 10:18AM GMT
I was also told that my father is Eugene F.
Sykes in Grenada MS. Did Eugene have a sister or sisters name Mary and/or Mae? I would greatly appreciate any help in loating members of the family in Grenada. Do you know anything about the Millers being related to the Sykes in Grenada.
Hoping to hear from you soon... Thanks!

Skyes in Grenda

Posted: 17 May 2000 2:30PM GMT
Are you sure that his name was Eugene? My grandma name is Mary and she has a sister that is Mae and they are both Sykes.. They have several brothers some of which could possibly be your dad... Do you know anything else about him? Hope to help you.... Give me all the info that you have and I can call some of my relatives there and see what we can do.

sykes

kim barnes (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2000 9:35PM GMT
What about mae lee and the eugene that your dad thought was possibly a relative? Did you get an opportunity to check with him re this? Also, if your family is not familiar with the miller family, possibly this is a different skyes family. Did your father not know of any gandys in grenada or west point? Thanks for all your concern and help.

Info re Eugene Sykes

Mamie Sykes Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 8:19AM GMT
Mae Lee is the sister of Eugene F. Sykes
according to my mother. Seth Gandy, my uncle, lived in West Point but often visited his brother and other family members in Grenada. According to Seth, he and Eugene Sykes hung out together often and that Eugene
often talked of me. This Sykes family is related to the Millers (two cousins being Walter and Steve Miller). I have talked with a neice of Eugene by the name of Audrey who indicated that her dad is John Sykes and her mom is Everreen living in Grenada.

Thank you for your help.

eugene f. Sykes

mamie sykes nelson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2000 7:45AM GMT
I am 50 years old and since a small chile

eugene f. Sykes

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 7:49AM GMT
I am now 50 years old and was told at a very early age that my father is Eugene Floyd Sykes from Grenada, Ms. I was born in Grenada Ms. I would greatly love to hear from you. Please contact me at 619-475-0822.

disregard this message; see other 6/7 message

Posted: 7 Jun 2000 7:54AM GMT
please see other message of same date. This one was incomplete and sent in error.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic