Search for content in message boards

Martin Jensen>Kollerup Parish, Torrild Dst., Vejle County

Martin Jensen>Kollerup Parish, Torrild Dst., Vejle County

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 1:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Olesen, Jensen, Neilsdatter
Martin Jensen, b. 1853 Kollerup Parish to Jens Christian Jensen and Maren Nielsdatter is last located in the 1880 Danish Census in Vonslid Parish, Norre Tyrstrup Dst., Vejle County. His sister is my ancestor who arrived in America with her husband and children in late 1880. Does anyone know of a Genealogist/Researcher in Vejle County, Denmark who could pursue the family of Martin Jensen or where I could inquire to locate a qualified researcher in that area?
If this is read by a researcher in Denmark, please email me and provide quotes. Thanking you in advance.

Re: Martin Jensen>Kollerup Parish, Torrild Dst., Vejle County

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 11:01AM GMT
What exactly is it that you want to find out? Going back in time? I can help by searching the records that are on the internet but cannot go physically to Vejle or to the Regional Archive in Jutland. If that is ok there is no charge.
I cannot see your email address anywhere.
Regards, hedvig

Posted: 3 Oct 2011 8:09PM GMT
Hello Hedvig, and thank you for your response regarding Martin Jensen. My goal is to locate, with help, the family of Martin. Did he marry? Children? I would ultimately like to locate family today in Denmark. I have history regarding his parents and siblings. I have the 1850 & 1860 Danish Census records and Martin in the 1880. His sister Karen Marie came to Stillwater, Minnesota in 1881 with her husband Soren Olesen and children. I have photo's and family history to share.
If you do not charge, I am willing to make a donation for your time to a Genealogy Society of your choice.
Tell me further what would help in this search.
Andrea Patterson
pechu@charter.net

Posted: 25 Jan 2012 6:29PM GMT
Hi,

Did you get the help needed ?

Otherwise I wants to let you know of my website with many useful links to danish genealogy:

http://danishgenealogy.homestead.com/danishgenealogy.html

Posted: 30 Jan 2012 12:09AM GMT
Hello,
Thank you for your follow up on my Jensen/Olesen Family notice a year ago. I have not pursued this family recently. I have been working with my own family but still interested in Olesens/Jensens. My mother has passed and I am now able to go forward more with research. She required a lot of care........a wonderful mother.
I will see what your website suggestions offer.
Thank you.
Andrea

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 11:06AM GMT
Andrea, did you get what you need?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 3:24PM GMT
I have just returned my efforts to this family. The answer is No, I have not moved forward. I have had several generous offers of help, but I have not been good to follow through!
I have difficulty reading the Census at the www.arkivalieronline.dk site. Martin Jensen is found in the 1880 in Vonslid by Parish, Norre Tyrstrup Dst.Vejle County, household 5.I cannot read who is there with him. COuld you help with that?
I would like to learn of any descendants of his. Can you refer me to a researcher or could you do this? I am willing to hire help.
Thank you,
Andrea Patterson

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 11:57PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 3:48AM GMT
Okay. Ancestry.com has a tab you can click to find professional help. At top right of the screen "Hire an Expert." Volunteers can also help you. Genforum has an excellent, active Denmark forum. Another is Slaegt og Data DIS-Denmark, with many Danish-speaking volunteer researchers.(This is a good forum too, just pointing out options.)

Here's that census you asked about:
Vejle, Nørre Tyrstrup, Vonsild, Vonsild Sogn, Vonsild By, en Gaard, Fredensborg, 1, FT-1880, c9442
Lars Dinnsen 33 Gift Husfader, GaardeierGamtofte Sogn Odense Amt
Karen Marie Dinesen født Petersen 33 Gift hans Kone Indslev Sogn Odense Amt
Rasmus Dinesen5 Ugift deres BørnVonsild Sogn Veile Amt
Dines Marius Dinesen 4 Ugift deres Børn Vonsild Sogn Veile Amt
Laura Kirstine Dinnsen under 1 Aar Ugift deres Børn Vonsild Sogn Veile Amt
Martin Jensen 25 Ugift Tjenestefolk Kollerup Sogn Veile Amt

So Martin Jensen is working on a farm - this is not his family. He's age 25, unmarried, servant/hired hand, born in Kollerup Parish, Vejle amt.

Above transcription found at www.ddd.dda.dk

http://www.aalborgkommune.dk/borgerportal/applikationer/udva...

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions