Search for content in message boards

STURMAN & HALLS family from Norfolk

Halls Thetford Norfolk

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 6:09PM GMT
Surnames: Halls, Matthews
My gggrandparents were Sarah 1822-1882 and William Halls 1821-1902. Their 10 children were:George 1846,Sarah 1849,Mary Ann 1852, William 1854,Ellen 1856, Robert 1858, Salome 1861, Alfred 1862, Sarah Ann 1866. My greatgrandmother, Salome, married Frederick Matthews and moved to Hunstanton in 1900. Could any of these Halls be yours?

STURMAN & HALLS family from Norfolk

Sandra Sturman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2013 9:06PM GMT
Surnames: Sturman, Halls
Hello!
My father, Terence Sturman, comes from Attleborough Norfolk. His parents: Reginald Robert Sturman and Lily Halls, both from the same area. Terry moved to Sweden, got married and have four children. Now we would like to come in contact with some other possible relatives from Norfolk!

Halls in Ellingham

Sandra Sturman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Halls, Sturman
My grandmothers name is Lily Halls (married Sturman). Here parents were James and Maude, and as far as I understand they were both from the area around Old/Little Ellingham. Their children were: George, Ethel, Arthur, Dorothy, Bert and Lily. Maud died while giving birth to twins, and James later remarried but didn't have any more children. But I still don't know the names of James' parents, maybe it is one of your Halls???

Frederick MATTHEWS

Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 9:02AM GMT
Surnames: MATTHEWS, CATCHPOLE
This is a long shot, but I have lost a Frederick MATTHEWS - last recorded when born at Kawau Island, near Auckland, New Zealand, in 1847. His father was Dr Richard MATTHEWS, previously, and his wife Alice CATCHPOLE who emigrated to New Zealand from Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Your Frederick is not also ours, is he?
Thanks

Sturman/Halls

Posted: 4 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 9:04PM GMT
Hi; I live close to Attleborough, and know of a Halls family from Rocklands which is the next village on from Ellingham, There was a Sturman family lived at Griston which is another village close to Rocklands, i have had a small interest in the family as one of the members is buried in griston church, but he was RCAF, so i done a search, and found that they lived at griston, moved to Canada, and some moved back, iam trying to identifie a photo of a Jack sturman standing with a old chap, jack had a brother named George both served in the second world war.Jack and George were sons of Wallace and Rosa Sturman,

Re: STURMAN & HALLS family from Norfolk

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Feb 2013 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Matthews,
Joanna
I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.My Frederick Matthews is not yours.Mine moved to Hunstanton Norfolk and died there in the 1920s.Good luck with your search.
Sharrie

Re: Halls in Ellingham

Posted: 14 Aug 2002 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Sturman Gathergood
Hi I came across your message ..........Iam trying to trace the name Gathergood...............my Great Grandmother was a Lily Sturman who then married a Frederick Augustus Gathergood..........have you come across these names in any of your research? regards Ann

Re: Sturman/Halls

Jane Stubbs (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2003 1:30PM GMT
Can I help with The Sturman name. I run the one-name study and have most of the family trees especially Norfolk, contact me at jane@treestubbs.com

Re: Frederick Matthews

Posted: 26 May 2003 12:53PM GMT
Edited: 23 Sep 2004 12:32PM GMT
Elizabeth Matthews born 11th or 14th May 1850 most likely in Norfolk, ( England) but not necessarily. Married September 1872 to C S Daniels.

Do you know anything more about her?

Best wishes
S Mazzoni.

Re: Frederick Matthews

sharrie kitching (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2003 1:42PM GMT
Unfortunately,I don't know much about Frederick or his family.At this point,I can't say if there is a connection.Thanks for writing and sorry for the delay.

Sharrie Kitching
per page

Find a board about a specific topic