Search for content in message boards

CAREY, HINCH, KEOGHAN (Keegan) - Kilbeggan, Delvin & Killucan Parishes

CAREY, HINCH, KEOGHAN (Keegan) - Kilbeggan, Delvin & Killucan Parishes

Eileen (Carey) Montalbano (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2003 2:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for connections to the following names/dates:

Gr Gr Grandfather, JAMES CAREY m. CATHERINE HINCH on Feb. 4, 1834 Church of the Assumption in Delvin. Witnesses were MICHAEL SHANLEY and CATHERINE HUGHES.

Gr Grandfather, WILLIAM C. CAREY m. MARY KEOGHAN (KEEGAN) on Feb. 19, 1865 Church of the Assumption, witnesses were RICHARD HINCH and BRIDGET KEEGAN.

Re: CAREY, HINCH, KEOGHAN (Keegan) - Kilbeggan, Delvin & Killucan Parishes

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 1:57AM GMT
Edited: 16 Dec 2003 4:41AM GMT
Surnames: Claffey
Eileen, Evidently you have found good data on Marriages at church of Assumption. May I ask how you got the information? My Claffey bunch were in same area about same time. Thank you Denis Claffey

Eileen (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2003 11:57AM GMT
I found the information via a relative who did a "basic" search at the Dun na Si Heritage & Genealogical Centre, Knockdomney, Moate, Co. Westmeath, Ireland. Here is the link: http://www.irish-roots.net/Wstmeath.htm

GOOD LUCK !

Posted: 7 Sep 2005 6:39PM GMT
Maybe just coincidence but i have small notes on a Michael Hinch married to Catherine Keegan in Dublin. PS mailbox now sorted. Thanks for previous reply.
Christina

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 11:09PM GMT
I am looking for connections to Mary Keegan (possible alt spelling Keoghan) who was born in Ireleand in Dec 1848 and immigrated to the United States in 1894. She was my great grandmother on my father's side. After immigrating she lived in New York state. Thank you.

Michael Anthony

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 11:51AM GMT
My Mary Keegan (Keoghan) was born August 1848 in Killucan, Westmeath and died January 1912 in Madison, New Jersey. She married William CAREY in February 1865, in Church of the Assumption, Delvin, Westmeath and that same year, emigrated to US.

She is my great grandmother. Do you know anything further about her regarding affiliatin with your side of the family?

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 8:28PM GMT
Thank you for your quick response. In the case of my Mary Keegan I believe Keegan was her married name as she emigrated with a daughter Bridget Keegan in 1894. She would be my great grandmother as well. I know Bridget was born in 1875 but I have no clue at this point where they lived in Ireland. Bridget has records that she lived for a time in Canada.

Per the 1900 US Census Mary was 51 and widowed, lived in Watertown, NY and the following persons lived with her:

Peter F Keegan 30
James Keegan 28
Mary Keegan 19
Sarah A Keegan 10
Bridget E Anthony 25
Jesse Anthony 25 (my grandfather and husband to Bridget)
Francis P Anthony 1
George Taylor 22
Patrick Cavanaugh 50

That's about what I know so far but just started this search a few days ago. Again, thank you.

Mike

Posted: 22 May 2011 12:42AM GMT
Hi there

Just a piece of general info you might want to pursue, Keoghan and Keegan are both long standing families in Kilbeggan, should you like to try writing, I know the Keoghan family live at:
Comagh Road
Kilbeggan
Westmeath
Ireland

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Carey
Hi I am looking for Carey family. I have a Julia Carey who married Owen Gargan in Delvin. Do you have a Julia Carey in your research?
thanks
J Hewison.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 4:51PM GMT
Surnames: Carey
Hi I am looking for Carey family. I have a Julia Carey who married Owen Gargan in Delvin. Do you have a Julia Carey in your research?
thanks
J Hewison.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions