Search for content in message boards

Blanton

Blanton

Stacey Blanton (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blanton Genealog
Would like to talk with anyone doing Blanton genealogy, especially from Magoffin, Johnson, and Morgan counties in Kentucky, and also in Tennessee.

BLANTON GENEALOG

MEL BLANTON (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BLANTON

AM SEEKING DAUGHTR NAMED STACEY DEANNE BLANTON.MAGOLIN COUNTY KENTUCKY.

Blanton geneaology

Nora Brunner (View posts)
Posted: 20 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blanton
I would be interested in anything you are finding. I'm a descendant of Jack Blanton of Johnson County, who had 3 sons named Hade, Hays and Ed and married a woman named Catherine McConnell, who had three children, Ben Kate, Kelse,(Arkelis) who were adopted by Jack. Arkelis is my great-great-grandfather. I'm particularly interested in the natural father of Ben, Kate and Kelse.

I live in Idaho Springs, Colorado.

Blanton of Magoffin County

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: Day, Hurley, Blanton
I am looking for any information about Harvey Hurley married Jullian Day. They had a daughter, Francis Hurley married James Blanton. Francis and James had children: Frank, Lilly, Ardella and Kelly Blanton.

Re: Blanton

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2004 7:22PM GMT
Surnames: Blanton,Thacker,Tolson,Miller
My grandfather marries a Lydia Tolson And later a Lonie Thacker I believe in Magoffin County. He later married my grand mother Virgie Miller. He had children with his first 2 wifes and all but 2 died. The lived in Magoffin County for about 10 years between 1930-1940. I am trying to find out any information about these children. I believe I have found names and ones death date but nothing more.

Posted: 19 Dec 2004 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2005 6:17PM GMT
Surnames: Blanton, Crace, McCarty, Fairchild
Hello, I have just started working on my Blanton line. Here is what I have:

Leonard Blanton married Susannah McCarty. They had 7 children?? ONe of which was Dock Blanton.

Dock married Varna/Varnie Crace and they had 5 children, one of whom is my grandpa.

Anything anyone knows about thsi family is appreciated. Leonard may be the son of John N. Blanton. But I have not found anything supporting this.
Lisa

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 4:29AM GMT
Cora Lee Blanton was my great-grandmother. She married Ernest Nichols. Her daughter was Irene Nichols Davis. Irene married Cassen Davis. Again, please contact me regarding information we can share. Thanks

Posted: 15 Aug 2005 4:33AM GMT
Hi there -

my great greatmother was Cora Lee Blanton. On the extensive family tree I found, it listed her being married at 17 to a John Brown. The only one the family knows of Cora being married to is Ernest Nichols. They had three daughters. Please contact either by e-mail or 740-881-4924. I look up the site for the family tree.

Posted: 17 Nov 2007 5:19AM GMT
Hi,
I think I posted on here but am not getting notified of people replying. I thought I would. I VERY much want to talk to you concerning Casson Davis. My Mother is Karen Diane Davis, daughter of Marvin, son of Casson. Please email me directly at kycrossroads@foothills.net.

Posted: 18 Apr 2010 8:38PM GMT
Hello Stacey Blanton,

I too am interested in Blantons from Magoffin and Johnson. My Blantons are particularly difficult as the mother died young and the children were scattered. And I don't know if all the kids were from the same parents/"legitimate."

My grandpa is Harry B Blanton, was shot in 1937 by his wife's (Cora Saylor's) second cousin Grant Saylor over a poker game at Green Rock in the Oil Springs area of Johnson County.

The mother's name was Martha Blanton. Harry had 3 brothers and 1 sister, Frank Blanton, Fred Blanton, Shade Blanton and Martha Blanton. I know that Shade moved to Greenup County and worked for the railroad. I know Frank moved to Indiana and might have been raised by the Arms family after the mother (Martha Blanton) died. One of Harry's death certificates lists his dad as Sile Ratliff (my best guest from the handwriting). My grandma doesn't know much about her dad's side.

Would love to collaborate. Please email me at carolafurtado@yahoo.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic