Search for content in message boards

CRAWFORD, POWELL, EDWARDS

CRAWFORD, POWELL, EDWARDS

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking info on David & Fannie Crawford and William & Elizabeth Powell of Williamson County. They are listed in the same household in the 1880 census.
Rubin T Edwards is listed as a step-son. That is my main interest.
Thanks.

Re: CRAWFORD, POWELL, EDWARDS

Posted: 30 May 2012 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Edwards, Crawford, Howell, Powell, Cheek
Rubin was Elizabeth's son by her first husband, Reuben Edwards. Fannie (Mary) is Elizabeth's daughter. Elizabeth (Edwards, nee Howell), Mary Cheek and her daughter Roxie Cheek are together in the 1860 census in Georgia. Fannie remarried to David Crawford pretty close to the same time her mother remarried to William Powell. Both weddings took place in Louisiana.

Most of them moved to Texas together from Louisiana. Newly married and very young Roxie stayed behind. I would love to know more about their time there. They eventually moved back to Louisiana. My grandfather used to talk about how our family started out in Georgia, "moved West" and then came back to settle in Louisiana.

Re: CRAWFORD, POWELL, EDWARDS

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 12:08AM GMT
Wow. After 9 years it's exciting to get another bit of info. on my Edwards side. Thank you so much.
If you know any more on Rubin's father Reuben, or his mother Elizabeth even after she married Mr. Powell I would appreciate it. As I said, I've been seeking info. on the Rubin/Reuben Edwards line for over 9 years.
Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic