Search for content in message boards

Swan Family

Swan Family

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Swan, Young
I am looking for information on my husbands grandmother. Her name is Eva Mari Swan. She had a child in Tuscarora New York in July of 1925 with Sydney Crandall Young.

Re: Swan Family

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 8:55PM GMT
Hi
Was Eva married too Sydney?
In fulton news there are a few town notes about the Swan family and Mrs. Sydney Young.
Spoke of Mr & Mrs Walter Swan and daughter Mrs. Sydney Young visiting in Corning (1923). Miss Anna Swan was visitng her sister Mrs James Peters.
Mr & Mrs Walter I assume is Eva's parents. Mrs James Peter is either Eva or Ava and Mrs. Sydney Young was either Eva or Ava.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 9:02PM GMT
A little more digging and I see Ava was Mrs Peters.

Eva was married to a Clair Robbins in about 1928. So she was married twice.

So maybe the child born 1925 died young.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 9:24PM GMT
If it is the same Eva/Ava then the child died 4 years ago and was my father-in- law. His name was Sydney Carlton Young and he had 5 kids, 2 that he left after he and their mother divorced and 3 that live here in the midwest. He has at least
7 grandkids and 2 great grand kids. I am trying to get info for my husband and his sister.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 9:31PM GMT
I am not sure if Eva and Sydney were married or not. Have heard that Sydney was maybe a gambler and that he had taken the child Sydney away from Eva when they split telling the child his mother was dead.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:13PM GMT
Then I think I found them in Elmira, Chemung County living with a cousin. 1930 Sidney Young and a Carleton Young age 4. It does say he was married but having a child with him its possible he just said he was married.

They must have gotten a divorce.

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 11:15PM GMT
There is a marriage announcement in the old fulton papers. The wedding was held at her parents home. She was married 1922 to Sydney and 1929 there are two articles, one says she is Eva Young, the next says she is Mrs Clair Robbins.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 12:19AM GMT
Are you by any chance a relative or know of any that may be living? I am trying to find more info and hopefully find the two daughters my father in law gave up. This is his grandma.

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 12:37AM GMT
No,not related.

But maybe I can still help you with this.

If thats ok..

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 1:07AM GMT
Where was he living when these children were born?
Do you have the years they were born?

The wife he was divorced from, was that Shirley?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic