Search for content in message boards

FREEMAN & YATES- Early Settlers

FREEMAN & YATES- Early Settlers

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FREEMAN, YATES, WARD
RICHARD FREEMAN B abt 1770 Va and his wife ELLENDER NELLIE YATES B 1777 Caswell NC came to Montgomery Co., IL...abt. 1820. They were married 1794 in Gallitan, Sumner Co., TN.
It is reported that Richard died in 1837 in Montgomery Co., Ellender died before him also in Montgomery Co. IL.
Does anyone have information on this family?
They would have been one of the first settlers in the area.
Appreciate any information. Linniecakes2@aol.com
Linda E.

Re: FREEMAN & YATES- Early Settlers

Carol Berry (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 8:45PM GMT
Richard Freeman is listed in the 1825 state census in Montgomery Co., IL with 1 male over 21, 1 male under 21, & 4 females.

Richard Freeman is listed in the 1830 federal census in Montgomery Co., IL with 1 male age 5-10, 1 male age 60-70, 1 female age 0-5, 1 female age 20-30, & 1 female age 50-60.

1882: History of Bond & Montgomery Co., IL: The Bethel Regular Baptist Church, located in East Fork Twp., Montgomery Co., IL, lists as one of its first members - Eleanore Freeman. The house in which the church was organized belongs to Elisha Freeman and stood in the southeast part of that township.

Posted: 24 Aug 2004 9:48PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2005 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: FREEMAN, WARD, PRICE, BECK, COOK, STREET, BRUNDAGE, WILLARD
I have received the will and probate papers of Richard Freeman who died 1837 in Montgomery Co., IL., from the county of Montgomery, IL and agreed to share them. His wife was Ellender...Ellender "Nellie" Yates married 1794 in Sumner Co., TN. His final estate was not settled until 1841.
Please contact me if you are related to this line and wish to share information.
Children:

1. Elisha (Margaret "Peggy" Ward)
2. William (Mary Elizabeth "Polly" Ward)
3. Elizabeth (James Ward),
4. James (Mary "Polly" Price)
5. Rebecca (#1 William Brundrage #2 Paul Beck, Jr.
5. Nancy (Jeremiah "Jerry" Ward),
6 . Henrietta (John Cook),
7. Mary Anna (Edward Beck),
8. Lucinda (William Beck)
9. Emilia, aka Matilda "Millie" (John Street)
10.Thomas (Edith Willard)

Linda- Linniecakes2@aol.com

Posted: 25 Oct 2006 4:30AM GMT
Do you have information on Paul Beck Jr -- who his father was, where they lived before they came to Illinois, burial, homestead? Any information would be appreciated.

Posted: 21 May 2010 4:52PM GMT
Surnames: Beck
I am looking for my great-great grandparents, and I'm wondering if they could be either: (1) Mary Anna and Edward Beck, or (2) Lucinda and William Beck.

My great-grandfather was James Marshall Beck. He was born 22 Dec 1883 in Litchfield, Montgomery County, Illinois. He died June of 1959 in Elko County, Nevada.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Darcy Baker
Reno, Nevada
BeaverBaker@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic