Search for content in message boards

Newsomes

Newsome's

Karen Marcum (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Calhoun, Newsome, Nelson, Marcum, Mullins, Anderson
I don't have any information on whom you're searching for, but I am also looking for a Newsome. My ancestor, Virginia Jane Music Newsome, married Thomas Calhoun, son of David and Eda Ayers Calhoun in Letcher County in 1848 (I think).
They later moved to Floyd County, KY. I found on some documentation that Virginia Newsome was from Old Dominion, VA. Do you know if this family of Newsome's might connect with yours? Thanks
Posted: 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2003 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Newsomes, Harris, Hall, Thomas, Thornsberry, Slone, Caudill, Tackett, Cook, Hatfield, Bates, Vance
I am trying to locate any information that can be provided on: Jack/Jackie Newsome Born abt. 1885/86 Ky. Married: Lovina "Love" Caudill Born:1886 Ky. D/O:Alex Caudill & Masie/Mazie Cook-Caudill.
Lovina Caudill was Gr/D of: Harvey H. Caudill & Sarah Mullins-Caudill and that of: Solomon Cook & Creta Hall-Cook.
Jack/Jackie Newsome died abt. 1924-1925 in Knott Co. Ky. He supposidly died from: Emphysemia. He worked laying all the Concrete for Sidewalks in the Knott Co. Ky., Area, I have been told. Lovina Caudill-Newsome remarried: #2 William "Billy" Slone. I would like to get information on him as well. Jack/Jackie Newsome & Lovina Caudill-Newsome had 3 Children, one of them was my Mother in Law: Alafair Newsome Born: May 30, 1909 on Jacks Creek, (Salisbury, Ky??)
Knott Co. Ky. She was second wife of: Henry Harris who was S/O: John Harris & #1 Martha/Ellen "Sis" Thomas/Harris. Any information would be greatly appreciated. You may e-mail me directly.

Thanks, Marilyn

Lovina Caudill Descendents

Posted: 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Newsome, Bates, Thomas, Thornsberry, Caudills, Tacketts, Vance, Hall, Hatfield
Looking for information on: Lovina Caudill and Descendents.
Lovina "Love" Caudill was Born: 1886; was 34yrs.old in the 1920 Knott Co. Ky.,Census. She First Married: Jack/Jackie Newsome abt. 1905,Born: abt. 1887 or Before or After in Knott Co. Ky.?? Died: Ber. 1911-1913 of Emphesemia/Lung Cancer in Knott Co. Ky. He was S/O: ??George Newsome & Delilah Hughes/Newsome. Lovina "Love" Caudill Married #2 William Billy Slone on April 7, 1919, Born Abt. 1863, 57yrs old, 1920 Knott Co. Ky. Census/Farmer, S/O: Hardin Slone & Mahala Johnson/Slone.

Children of:#1Husb. Jack/Jackie Newsome & Lovina "Love"Caudill/Newsome are:
Quillen Newsome Born: 1907Ky.
Luther Newsome Born: 1908Ky.
Alafair Newsome Born: May 30, 1909 on Jacks Cr.Knott Co. Ky
**Alafair Newsome was raised in the home of: Talt Hall & Charlotte "Aunt Lottie" Amburgey/Hall in Knott Co. Ky. Alafair Newsome was hired out to tend to the Widower: Henry Harris and his 3 infant Children who lost there Mother;Flora Thornsberry/Harris, after the Birth of the last Baby. Alafair Newsome & Henry Harris married in 1925. Henry Harris & Alafair Newsome/Harris relocated from Ky to Sharples, West Virginia/Logan Co. WVa. around 1926-1927.

Children of: #2Husb: William Slone & Lovina Caudill-Newsome/Slone are:
Clinnon Slone
Sada Slone
Mary Slone Born:1906
Margaret Slone Born:1908
Dallie Slone Born:1918
Earl Slone Born:June 26, 1920Ky; Died: 1974 Arizona

Any informarion on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Marilyn Harris

Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Hall, Newsomes, Vances, Hatfield, Thomas, Slone
Alafair Newsome/Harris was raised by: Talt Hall & Charlotte "Lottie" Thornsberry/Hall. AKA: Uncle Talt & Aunt Lottie. They lived on: Potato Branch on Right Beaver Creek, at Topmost, Ky/Knott Co. Ky. I had Charlotte "Lottie" Thornsberry/Hall listed as: a Amburgey in the Original Querry. Any information would be greatly appreciated on the Newsomes. Alafair Newsome/Harris mentioned that she had been born in a place called: Salisbury, Any information on this place would be greatly appreciated as well.

Marilyn Harris-e-mail:
marileaf@bellsouth.net

Re: Lovina Caudill Descendents

Posted: 9 Jul 2006 4:46PM GMT
Surnames: Hall,Martin,Vance,Johnson
This Sadie Slone married a Bryant from Letcher county,Ky. Neon,Ky. area.
They are both deceased.
They have 4 living sons.
Two of their sons live at Wayland,Ky.
I can get you aphone # if you want.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions