Search for content in message boards

Burgess's in England

Burgess's in England

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 3:53AM GMT
I am interested in any information on this subject, information on immigration?

burgess family wales

daphne (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 11:20AM GMT
george frederick burgess b 1883 yorkshire grandaughter

bert burgess yorkshire
mabel burgess wales
walter burgess sydney australia
frank burgess sydney australia
two other brothers

Burgess-Wales

Gerry Birch (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2001 7:29AM GMT
My Grandmother was Elizebeth Burgess Born 1872,in Stockport Cheshire UK,She had brothers Frank Tom ? and a sister Sarha-Ann,
Grandmother had relatives in Wales who had a shop, my father William Birch used to stay with them during WW11,Dad also said the family had conections with the Cherry blossom shoe polish company,and did mention relatives in Australia.

burgess-wales

daphne (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2001 3:34AM GMT
sorry not the same family,my grandfather had only one sister mabel, who didn't have children she died in wales. he was one of six/seven brothers

Re: Burgess-Wales

Posted: 30 Mar 2008 7:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
My family Birch connection came from Shropshire (Wellington) and gt grandfather migrated to Australia in 1883 his father was Thomas and Mother Susannah Green. He had a brother Solomon wilfred, I understand that there has been quite a lot of William Birches
Regards Noela Birch

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 1:37PM GMT
My Grandmother was Jessie Burgess. Her father Alexander and his father Thomas Burgess (died in India.) Is this your blood line and could we be related? Gwen Hillsdon

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 11:52PM GMT
Hi Gwen
Not sure how you connected Burgess with Birch however out of curiosity I checked my Tree and I do have a line of Burgess who came to Australia in the 1800 but no Jessie or Thomas
Regards
Noela

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 3:20AM GMT
Hi Noela, It was through this posting that I connected you with my line, Gwen

Re: Burgess's in England

Posted: 4 Nov 2009 12:06AM GMT
In my family involving John Burgess born 30 Dec 1777 (I am presuming England, possibly Yorkshire) died 16 Mar 1834 married Mary Moor b.21 Apr 1776 Burton Agnes, Yorkshire, married John 3 Aug 1801 Barmston, Yorkshire, England. Mary died 12Jul 1863 Barmston, Yorkshire, England. Children were:
Jerimiah, Frances, John, Hannah, Elizabeth, George, Jeremiah. Birth years were from 1804 to 1820. I have more information if you are interested. Is this anyone that is in your family? Tracy Moore-Murray

Re: Burgess's in England

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 1:09AM GMT
Hi. I have an Elizabeth Burgess mar George Williss in England (2nd marriage for George) they had a daughter Jane and migrated to South Australia in 1839 on the Buckinghamshire. Val
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions