Search for content in message boards

Waddington West Riding

Waddington West Riding

Joan Ford (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Waddington, Tempest, Saule, Storey, Walmsiley, Parker
Looking for anyone researching the family of Waddington in the West Riding of Yks from 1400s to 1700s. Lived in Bashall Eaves, Haslingden, Waddington, Worston and Bradford.

Waddington

Barbara MacKinnon-Jones (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Waddington
Hello Joan,
I am tracing the Waddingtons of Yorkshire too. My line came from Bradford. My ggrandmother was Anna Letitia Waddington. Her parents were Joseph and Hannah (Sugden). They emigrated to Australia in the early 1850's (I think, Haven't been able to find any shipping re In the Waddingtons, but I have never seen it. It only mentions males. Also from what I understand they went back to England as there is a burial for Joseph in 1773.
I don't have much on them either so maybe we can help each other.
Barbara

Tempest family.

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Tempest, Smith, Hindle
I noticed that you have the name TEMPEST in your family tree. I have a Mary Tempest, of Cowling bapt.21.4.1734 at Kildwick P.C.daughter of John Tempest married to Ann Smith on 30.9.1718 at Kildwick, Yorks. Their daughter Sarah Smith married James Hindle on 19.4.1813 at Kildwick.P.C. I have seen the Tempest families of Tong and Broughton Hall and wondered if you happen to know if the Tempests of Kildwick connect to them in any way through your own research. I seem to be at a brick wall as they say, in finding to which line this John Tempest might belong. Any help would be appreciated, or if you know of any connection to your own line, it would be good to hear from you. WE live in Tasmania, Australia now. Kind regards. Derek Hindle.

Tempest family.

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Tempest, Smith, Hindle
I noticed that you have the name TEMPEST in your family tree. I have a Mary Tempest, of Cowling bapt.21.4.1734 at Kildwick P.C.daughter of John Tempest married to Ann Smith on 30.9.1718 at Kildwick, Yorks. Their daughter Sarah Smith married James Hindle on 19.4.1813 at Kildwick.P.C. I have seen the Tempest families of Tong and Broughton Hall and wondered if you happen to know if the Tempests of Kildwick connect to them in any way, through your own research. I seem to be at a brick wall as they say, in finding to which line this John Tempest might belong. Any help would be appreciated, or if you know of any connection to your own line, it would be good to hear from you. We live in Tasmania, Australia now. Kind regards. Derek Hindle.

Storey/Waddington

Joan Ford (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: storey, waddington
Looking for Sarah Storey's family. She was born 25 th June, 1821,in Knaresborough. Married Isaac Waddington 11 th January 1845 Bradford, died 3rd December 1879.

Roofing Yorkshire Storeys

Alana (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Storey
I'm looking for any Storeys in Bradford, West Yorks, at any time but especially if they were ever in the roofing trade. Thanks!

Re: Waddington

Posted: 18 Dec 2001 10:04PM GMT
Edited: 24 Dec 2001 10:02AM GMT
My mother married into the Waddington Family. I have half-siblings who are Waddington. So I have the family history to a point.

This branch of the Waddington family are descendants of Roger Waddington 1563.

Ernest Waddington of Windy Ways, Hilltop Road, Hainworth, b. abt 1904 md, d Spt of 1991 Grandson of Young Waddington 1871 of Ryecroft Bingley. With his death , apparently Hainworth is w/ out a Waddington resident for the first time in over 450 years.

This is the branch I know.

Watts Waddington ( my stepfather's father)

b. 11-29-1866 Keighley, Yorkshire England
d. 10-12-1933 bd. Salmon ID. md. 9-27-1911 to Elsie Claire Morril at Carmen ID.
they had 6 sons: Watts Peter, John Gordon, James Lincoln, Donald Duane,Charles Hanmer (my Stepfather).Philip Christopher

and 5 daughters: Elsie Claire, Mary Jean,Annice Leone, Rose Margaret, Carolyn June.

Watts Waddington was 2 yrs old when he came w/ his parents and siblings to the United States. At 13 his father was killed and the family came under the care of his older brother Eli. Watts and his brother Lincoln stayed while his other brothers stattered.
The brothers and sisters of Watts are (this is as far as I know)
Mawson Leonard Waddington of Iredale, TX b. 1888 son of Eli and Mary Elizabeth.
Ona Herring Waddignton b 1892.

Katherine Margaret Waddington of Austin, Lubbock and Mansfield TX. b 4-19-1894 daughter of Eli W.

Abe Waddington of Crossley Hall, Fairweather Green , Bradford. b. 1890 Yorkshire. Son of Sam Waddington.

Joise Belle Waddington b. 1897

if any of these names match I can have you write the other family members and see what branch you are.

Re: Waddington West Riding

Kay Waddington (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2002 2:37PM GMT
I am researching Waddingtons from Yorkshire. My great grandfather x12 was Roger Waddington who died in 1582 in Bingley, Yorkshire. I descend from his son Robert's line. My grandfather was Horace Waddington, my great grandfather was Walter Wilkinson Waddington and his father was Francis, who all lived in the Yorkshire area. Are we related at all?
Regards,
Kay

Re: Roofing Yorkshire Storeys

Posted: 28 Nov 2002 5:34PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jan 2006 4:58PM GMT
I don't know if she is connected to your Bradford Storeys but my grandmother's mother was Edith Storey, who married William Wootton in 1894. I don't know if her family originated from Bradford but I know my grandmother was born there and lived there all her life. Any connection?

Re: Roofing Yorkshire Storeys

Alana (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2002 9:05PM GMT
Hi Linda

Thanks for youe message. My dad is tracing our family tree so I will pass this on to him. However, I don't recognise the name Edith Storey at this point. Do you know which area she lived in / was from?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions