Search for content in message boards

SEARCHING ANDREASBERG

SEARCHING ANDREASBERG

Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2002 4:22AM GMT
Surnames: KOMAREK, NODES, NODESOVA
Searching KOMAREK/NODES/NODESOVA in the Andreasberg area, or another town Bohmisch Krummau Bohemia.

Re: SEARCHING ANDREASBERG

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 7:50PM GMT
Surnames: Hammerschmidt, Sigmund, Nahlinger, Breitschopf
Stumbled upon this while looking for something else; years have passed, you you may not even be registered any more. I had relatives from that area, but the surnames were mostly German ones: Breitschopf, Sigmund, Nahlinger. One named Dahl also went by a Czech form, Tahedl. "-ova" is a feminine suffix, and generally reflects a daughter or wife of the person with the root name (my friend Werner Ehrgang, for example, is married to Elena Ehrgangova). Breitschopf was from Hoeritz; Nahlinger was from Christianberg, Sigmund was from Andreasberg.

I visited the area in 1986. Andreasberg was closed to foreigners, because it was now within a military reservation (too bad; it's the village for which I had photos of the farm, and might have been able to make a positive ID). Hoeritz was still a small-but-busy market town, but there were few German-surnamed people left (they had to declare German or declare Czech after the war, and the Germans were invited to leave). The German part of the cemetery was overgrown, and I couldn't find any family graves in the short time I had available. Christianberg was a tiny remnant, largely being redeveloped for week-end cottages for wealthy folks in larger cities.

Wish I could say more. A lot of the genealogic records are at an archive in Trebon, and transcriptions of many documents may be ordered.

D. Hammerschmidt, Minneapolis

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 6:30AM GMT
thanks for your reply, i may have a photo of andreasberg also. Will have to check my pictures to find it. Still researching but not finding out much. If you come across anything further please let me know, my email address is terryruesch@hotmail.com. Feliz navidad, merry christmas and happy new year!

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 7:21AM GMT

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Jakschi
Searching Jakschi in the Andreasberg area. Bohemian ethnicity.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 3:21PM GMT
hi there, dont believe i have an references to that name. Do you have any Komareks or Nodes in your family tree?

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Jakschi
Not that I'm aware of at this time. Sorry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions