Search for content in message boards

Moses Scott and Harriet Alexander

Moses Scott and Harriet Alexander

Posted: 8 Jun 2009 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jun 2009 11:56PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Alexander
Need help researching Moses Scott born: 1796 and died 21 Jan 1853 in Tazewell county, Illinois. Moses married Harriet Alexander 25 Oct 1834 in Tazewell county, Illinois.
Have no other information on Moses, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Michael

Re: Moses Scott and Harriet Alexander

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 9:12PM GMT
Mike I know a little about Moses Scott buried in Dillon cem. Taz. co. Ill. Have a pic of his headstone if you want a copy. Also Harriet is buried in the Antioch Cem. With son Winfield also have pic. of those.

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 8:37PM GMT
Richard, thanks for the response. Over the past three years I have gather quite a bit of info on both Moses and Harriet (Alexander) Scott, including his will. What I am looking for now is someone that has a photograph of Moses Scott. I have one of Harriet (my ancestor), would you happen to know of anyone that has a copy or original that I can get a copy of? I have a tree on ancestry.com called the Alexander-Dillon-Churchill tree. Thanks again,
Mike.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 3:08AM GMT
No sorry dont know anyone with a photo of Moses, Wow were did you get the will and photo of Harriet. I only have pictures of the head stones.

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 2:26PM GMT
Richard, John Alexander is my ggg grandfather and I descend thru his son James G. Alexander and thru his son Thomas Alexander. John had three daughters that I know of but I think there was at least one more. A couple of years ago I made contact with the wife of a man who descended from another of John's daughters. Jane Alexander married Seaborn Davies (I have photos of both of them in my tree). His g grandfather was Henry Clay Vawter who kept a diary from 1868 until he died in 1923. Henry had a grand daughter who saved several photographs of their relatives and this is who sent me copies of Harriet. They live in Tremont and his wife found the will in, I think, the Pekin courthouse records. In my tree I have posted several land records for several of these people along with other documents as well. It was thru the will of Moses that I learned that he had been married earlier to a Susannah Beach and she had a fever and went insane so Moses divorced her after having 5 children by her. Harriet rasied those children until they grew of age and left home. Altogether, Moses had a total of 13 children between the two marriages. He and Harriet owned a stagecoach and Inn around the Tremont area. Hope this helps,
Mike.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions