Search for content in message boards

Robert E Lee family

Robert E Lee family

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello! I'm searching for more info on Robert E. Lee. My maternal family tree supposedly has a connection to Lee, but I cannot seem to find the connection. The family named associated with Lee would possibly be "Barrington", but I cannot be sure. Has anyone performed an extensive survey of Lee's tree? I'm really interested in knowing these connections. Thanks!!

In His Service,

Rev. Joseph F. ODonnell

Re: Robert E Lee family

Posted: 19 Sep 2011 4:24AM GMT
Hi Rev. ODonnell,
Please give us more information, your parents names and birth information, death info, if they have died. Grandparents, even great grand parents if possible.

Yes, I have done a lot of research for my own Lee connections and have lots of information on lines that do not connect to me, but I still have on file to help others.

Have a great day!

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Lee
I am looking for any info on Richard Lee, born about 1812, immigrated to US around 1838 from Kilkenny, Ireland. Was a shoemaker. Think his wife was named Margaret. Had a son, Robert Emmett Lee.

Thanks.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 3:59AM GMT
Hello, justread your post about research on the Lee Family. I've seen some tress that link my family to REL but have 2nd cousin that has said there is now connection. My Father's name was Wilbur Jones Lee, born in Arcadia, La. His Father was Harvey Meld, Born, I believe in S. C., His father was James and his middle name according to some letters my aunts wrote was Undie, I think he was also born in S. C. The family migrated from SC through Alabama and Mississippi to Arcadia La, sometime around the Civil war. I have no idea why the migration took place. I have an Arthur and a Philip Lee listed as also being part of this line but have no idea if that is accurate. If you have any information on my line of Lees I would greatly appreciate getting it. Thanks for saving what you've uncovered and being willing to share.

Posted: 13 Nov 2011 4:12AM GMT
Hi, I just sent you a post about my family Father Wilbur Jones Lee. My brain must have taken a vacation--my grandfather was William Timothy Lee born I think in Alabama, His Father Harvey Melde Lee and his father James Undie Lee. Sorry for the error.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic