Search for content in message boards

Bartlett's in 17th Century France> Kent Co., DE

Bartlett's in 17th Century France> Kent Co., DE

Michael Pickel (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Aug 2001 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT, STRADWICK, LATIMER
Family records indicate that Nicholas BARTLETT (b. 1642) in France. He was the son of Richard BARTLETT and Anne STRADWICK. In 1669 he was married to Lucy LATIMER in Canterbury, Kent. They then came to America, settling in DELEWARE (Kent Co).

Does anyone have any information on this event and why these "English" Bartletts were over in France for two generations?
Thanks

Re: Bartlett's in 17th Century France> Kent Co., DE

Posted: 15 Nov 2003 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett
I am related to the Bartlett's of Delaware but I haven't figured out which one they go back to. Which Bartlett's are you related to?

Vicki (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2005 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Bartlett/Thorpe
I have a line of Bartletts that ended up in New Castle County, Delware.
I have a Henry Joseph Barlett and Elizabeth (Eliza) Bartlett (Thorpe) who came to Delaware between 1880-1885 from Leeds, Yorkshire, England. I also have other family members of theirs that go back several generations.
If any of this fits with anyone on your tree, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2005 3:03AM GMT
Surnames: BARTLETT
Vicki;

I am very interested in your line. I am the admin of the BARTLETT-DNA project, and would like very much to use DNA testing to determine links back to England - at least it will give us a place to start. Based on our DNA results to date we have at least 12 BARTLETT lines that do NOT have a common ancestor in the American Colonies. They almost certainly descend from English BARTLETTs, and they could have common ancestor some generations back in England.

Do you know of any male BARTLETT descendants alive today (from your line) who might be interested in DNA testing?

Tnx, Jim Bartlett jimbartlett@mindspring.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions