Search for content in message boards

Dr H. B. Blake

Dr H. B. Blake

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blake, Good, Lieuallen, Woodworth
In the book "Moscow at the Turn of the Century" on page 19 Dr Blake is listed as one of the people of Moscow Idaho at the turn of the century.

Quoting the paragraph " Dr H. B. Blake, a graduate of of Oxford University and one of the first physicians in Moscow, married the half-sister of Lillie Lieuallen Woodworth's mother and was the father of Mrs. Charles Summerfield (Nellie Blake)."

Lillie's mother was Sarah Ann Good, and married Almond Asbbury Lieuallen 4 Jul 1871 in Lewiston, Nezperce, Idaho. Who are her parents, siblings?

Re: Dr H. B. Blake

Posted: 26 Mar 2012 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Good
Hi,
I searched Ancestry and FamilySearch and didn't find Sarah's parents and siblings. I also searched the Census records hoping that one of them lived with Sarah and Almon but no such luck.

If the Informant at the time of her death knew, the parents will appear on her death certificate. You can order a copy from the Latah County Clerk/Auditor/Recorder's Office, www.latah.id.us/clerk/ .

They might be mentioned in her obituary. There are two obituary volunteers at freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/volid.html
Scroll down to Latah Co.
Choose ONE volunteer at a time.

The name of her parents MIGHT be on her marriage certificate which is filed in the marriage book at the Nez Perce Co. Courthouse in Vol. E on page. 19.

To contact the Nez Perce County Clerk, www.co.nezperce.id/us or 208-799-3020.

I also found the Woodward Family Tree, trees.ancestry.com/tree/26191875/person/12063917124 . Most larger libraries provide free access to Ancestry. It does contain Sarah, Almon and their children but her parents aren't listed. I thought you might want to contact the owner. Successful Searching!

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions