Search for content in message boards

Mount Alverno 1880

Mount Alverno 1880

Posted: 18 Jan 2010 10:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williams
I'm trying to locate information on a school for boys in the 1880 census. The name on the census for Hamilton county reads "Mount Alverno, a protectory for boys'. Can anyone tell me any information on this place and if records are available anywhere. I beleive that my ggrandfather is listed for this school.

Re: Mount Alverno 1880

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 12:40AM GMT
Mount Alverno was located in Delhi township about 10 miles west of Cincinnati Ohio. The school was closed and the property sold in the mid 1970's. If you Google "Mount Alvern Cincinnati Ohio" it will give you a run down of the school. It looks like the records went to the University of Notre Dame.

Posted: 19 Jan 2010 3:51PM GMT
Thank you very much. I was googling Hamilton county and not getting any results. I'll try Cincinnati Ohio.

Posted: 27 Oct 2011 6:10PM GMT
Please let me know if I can help you with any information on the Boys School. Although their records are now at the University of Notre Dame, we do have several histories of the institution and some information on the people who lived there.

Peg Schmidt Delhi Historical Society archivist
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions