My gr.grandmother Viola Evangeline Toppen had many siblings:
1. Cecelia Margaret Toppen who married James McMahon and they had 5 daughters.
2. Henrietta Marie Toppen who married Al O'Siol
3. Robert Peter Toppen who married a women with the name Viola. They had 3 children: Jeanette, Robert, and May. Viola died in the flu epidemic and Robert affected by the flu died as well in a Elgin Hospital in Illinois. Their 3 kids were raised by Roberts mother Viola Evangeline Toppen maiden name Hammond.
4. Cornelius John Toppen married a Barbara ?.
5. John Henry Topin (not much on him, we know he did marry but who?)
6. William Bernard Toppen who married Althea and had a daughter Prisilla.
7. Isabelle Catherine Toppen
8. Margarette (middle name?) Topen married a Ben Bagadonis.
Okay all those children listed above were children of John Henry Toppen we beleive born Nov. 10, 1869 and died March 2, 1930. Now this John Henry Toppen had alot of siblings as well:
Now all of these children I justed listed were of Cornelius John Toppen who married Cecelia Crumb. Cornelius John Toppen we beleive to have stow-awayed on a ship at age 14 years old from Zandt, Holland and lived at the corner of State and Madison Street in Chicago, Illinois and was in that famous well known fire called the "Great Chicago Fire". I can be e-mailed at email@example.com
I would love to make a connection with someone who share's this information. Dawn Heim