Search for content in message boards

CAIN

CAIN

Sammie Townsend Lee (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAIN, McCAULEY, JERNIGAN, McLEOD, COOK, BOATNER, CROWNOVER, McGUIRE
Researching the ancestry and descendants of Richard Allen CAIN b ca 1810 MS; and his wife Nancy Caroline McCAULEY, b ca 1815 MS. They arrived in Marshall Co immediately after the Indian cession. He died there in an accidental shooting in Aug 1836. The widow Nancy m2 John W. JERNIGAN. Children of Richard CAIN and Nancy were: 1. William (believed to have married Sarah BOATNER, went to AR then TX); 2. Rebecca (m William CROWNOVER, moved to AR); 3. Nancy (m James McGUIRE); 4. Samuel (believed to have married Sarah McGUIRE); and 5. my g-gf, Richard Allen CAIN, b 03 Jan 1837, Marshall Co, d 11 Jun 1922, Ellis Co TX (m Sarah Jane McLEOD in Marshall Co, believed to be dau of Norman McLEOD and Margaret COOK). I am interested in ancestry of Richard Allen CAIN, believed to have been William and Nancy CAIN. Does anyone else research this family or any of the children? Also interested in contacting others researching Samuel McCAULEY or Norman McLEOD families of Marshall Co or any of the collateral lines.
Posted: 23 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: McCauley, Jernigan, Boatner
Sammie - I am descended from the McCauleys of Marshall County Mississippi. Samuel W MCCAULEY b. 1786 married Rebecca Burch was brother to my gggrandfather Ezekiel Griffin MCCAULEY. Is that your Samuel? There are 12 children in this family and one married a BOATNER, another a JERNIGAN so we have to connect somewhere. I have info on all 12 children and spouses and the father of the 12 was John MCCAULEY SR b. 1766-1768 Antrim Co. Ireland.
Do you know who Nancy Caroline MCCAULEYs parents were? Gloria

McCauley - Marshall Co., MS.

Kenneth McCauley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McCauley, Bankhead, Gray, Powell
Gloria my great grandfather was E.G. McCauley of Holly Springs, Marshall Co., MS. Family legends say he was a Doctor there and died in an epidemic, late 1800's.
E. G. McCauley married Bettie West in Marshall Co., MS. 27 December 1882. Two sons were born of this union. The first was named Jess and the second was named George William McCauley.
Could my Doctor E.G. McCauley be a SON of one of your John
McCauley Sr's sons? Kenneth

William Oscar Cain

Ann Daberko (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAIN-BOATNER-MCCAULEY
William Oscar is son of Richard Cain and wife Nancy McCauley. Any one searching this branch, please contact me.

Mattie Lee b.1866-Potts Camp

Posted: 18 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Britton, Mallory, Blackman, Porterfield
I just found a listing of Britton's that has Mattie Lee(1866-Potts Camp,Marshall Co.,MS) as a spouse to (I think) Bluford Baxter Britton(1862-Potts Camp-Marshall Co.,MS) Does anyone out there have any info on this union? I would really appreciate any help at all..
Thanks, Diane Britton Ditto
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: McCauley
Doyle- I am part of a mini-list on McCauleys and there are about 9 of us descended from John father to your Samuel. We would love to share info with you.
If this is your Samuel, Please contact me at egh@hal-pc.org
Descendants of John McCAULEY, SR.

1 John McCAULEY, SR. b: 1766-1768 Antrim Co, Ireland migrated to Orange Co NC,SC,TN,MS
..... 2 Samuel W. McCAULEY b: 1786 North Carolina
......... +Rebecca BURCH b: 1797-1798 Kentucky
..... 2 John McCAULEY, JR. b: 1796
......... +Mary WELLS
..... 2 Martha McCAULEY b: 1788-1790
......... +Samuel McKAY
.. +Mary "?" b: Abt. 1782 North Carolina
..... 2 Nancy McCAULEY b: Abt. 1804
......... +Arthur RAWLS
..... 2 Ann McCAULEY b: 1805
......... +Henry GOBER
..... 2 William S. McCAULEY b: Abt. 1807 Tennessee
......... +Charity "?"
..... 2 Jesse H. McCAULEY b: Abt. 1809 Tennessee
......... +Nancy M. "?"
..... 2 Rebecca McCAULEY b: 1811
......... +Elijah Albert McCOY
..... 2 Jane McCAULEY b: 18 Jan 1815 Mississippi
......... +John THOMPSON
..... 2 Ezekiel Griffin McCAULEY b: 15 Mar 1818 Franklin Co., Mississippi
......... +Elizabeth JERNIGAN b: 07 Jul 1821 Henry Co., Tenn.
..... *2nd Wife of Ezekiel Griffin McCAULEY:
......... +Susan Frances CALLAHAN b: 02 Nov 1827
..... 2 Sarah E. McCAULEY b: 1819 Mississippi
......... +William A. THOMPSON
..... 2 Elijah McCAULEY b: 1823 Franklin Co. Mississippi
......... +Mary Ann BOATNER b: 02 Jun 1819 Newberry Co., SC

McCauley Connection

Doyle Baum (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Samuel McCauley
Samuel McCauley is my ggggrandfather. I have some info on McCauley and Boatner

McCauley

Doyle Baum (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
McCauley of Marshall Co. I would like to share info. My email has been returned to me.

Cains and McLeods

Posted: 13 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 6:12PM GMT
Surnames: Brown, Billingsley, Freeman, Williams
An elderly friend of mine who recently passed away researchd William Hardin Cain b abt 1800 Tn for years to try and find his parentage. He was in 1830 McNairy Co, Tn and came to Ms in 1836. His first wife was unknown by whom he had Verney Ann, James Riley, Andy T, Lyda Jane, Sarah Ann, Green C, and Houston. His second wife was Annette Caroline Griffin by whom he had Cornelius Franklin, Silina A, Indiana A (Meria), Louisiana (Lucinda), and Virginia Ann. They settled in NW Lafayette Co just a couple of miles from the Marshall Co line. His children married all the old names of the Harmontown area, Harmons, Childress, Cook, Riales, Langford, Still, and McGraw. Do you suppose there is a connection.

I myself have a McLeod line I have traced to Malcolm McLeod b 1805 in NC m Mary Jane Jackson. Malcom was an early settler and probably land speculator of Lafayette Co purchasing land in Lafayette Co on the Marshall Co line in 1838. I believe a possible brother to Malcolm is Roderick McLeod b 1801 in NC, listed 1830 in Steward Co, Tn along with Malcolm and 1840 in Lafayette Co, Ms. I have proposed as a mother to these two a Mary McLeod b 1769 Scotland and living next door to Roderick in 1850 Lafayette Co. Possible father is a Daniel McLoud listed in 1820 Steward Co, Tn. There is also a Augustus or Angus L Mcloud listed there in 1830 another possible brother. Daniel is not listed in 1830 but a Polly of the correct age to be Mary is.

I also have a little info on a Norman McLeod m Mary and had Effie who married John Buchanan who had Robert Buchanan b 1832.

How is that for some Cains and McLeods ?

Re: McCauley

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 11:57AM GMT
Edited: 28 Apr 2003 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: McCauley, Cook, Davis
Is there a McCauley connection to John Cook? Am looking for a John & Elizabeth Cook who were in 1850 census. Thanks! Sheridan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions