Surnames: Collis
Yancey County Record of Wills
Volume # 1 page 334
Microfilm # C.107.80001

Last Will and Testament of John Collis

State of North Carolina
Yancey County
October 21, 1843

The Will of John Collis when he is in his proper mind wish he wonts don after his decest Wish is first of mie will is 1 I John Collis doth apint James Collis executor 2 Stephen M. Collis executor to manag my afarz after all ting comes to a close with me in this world.
I John Collis first wont Anny Collis to have all the land to beginning part below hose Stephen bilt and at the forks of a branch running up the wagon road to his line and all below that tract that Stephen claimed he wonts Anny Collis to have and to hold with thout paying rent her lifetime down to the still place and to run up the branch to the top of the rige then to liles lin then don the rige as far as his land goes to include the mill and run bac to the beginning aboute ten rode up the hill cide that the mill is on the land in the ------- I wont Paty Collis and Thomas Collis to ------
lifetime the land above to the ----- of the branch.
I wont of Anny Collis decest sold and devided abetween all the hares legal between all want ------ to have deed fore the land that is alive --------.
First I wont Anny Collis to have the hors and all ballen of the property but the mar I wont Patty and Thomas to have the mare soe I must com to a cos & hope to find a better world day and date afor Riten witnesss pressent

John Collis with his mark (x)

Winess
Joseph Pitman Jurat
J. G. Thomas

John Collis Will

Janet Patton (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Collis, Patton, Hall, Woody, Sparks, McKinney
I am researching the descendants of John "Jackie" Collis who lived in Yancey County, and particularly the descendants of his son, James M. Collis (1812-1886), preacher, Civil War soldier, and Mexican War Vet, who lived his later years in Mitchell County NC. His children include Billy, John, Stephen, James Stokes Collis, Elizabeth Woody Hall, Annie Mae Anderson, Polly Queen, Nancy Patton, and Martha McKinney. I would like to correspond with anyone who has information on this family.

James Collis

matthew collis (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Will
James>Stephen>William>Homer>Matthew
per page

Find a board about a specific topic